We wrestled back & forth so long with what our New Years plans were going to be. Never too extravagant, but where were we going & who was going to be there? Hunting camp, beach, home, something else? In the end, everything fell through & we stayed at our house & Austin & Stephanie came over to celebrate with us!
We started out by enjoying appetizers & cocktails while cooking & watching football on TV. Then we all sat down & had a delicious dinner of filets, twice baked potatoes, & broccoli with a few bottles of wine!
Ben & I had just gotten our new outdoor firepit that day so that we could have some ATMOSPHERE for the evening! It was the central location of the whole night & even though it really wasnt very cold New Years Eve, it helped keep us warm outside!
Austin & Stephanie (with their borrowed child, Harper)
getting close to midnight= champagne time!
Ben & I
We watched the ball drop at midnight, toasted our champagne glasses, and rung in 2010 with great friends & danced the night away to the tunes of the ipod in our backyard (this is the edited version b/c I had some hilarious videos of us from that night on my FLIP video that Ben made me delete, but man they were hilarious)!! January 1st was spent on the couch watching football ALL DAY LONG & eating Hoppin' John for good luck!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!










6 comments:
Yay you're back!!
Well I was going to say "yay you're back!" But it appears someone beat me to it :)
What a fun New Year- love the 1st pic of you and Ben, you guys are so cute!
would have loved to have seen those dancin videos! Welcome back!
So glad to see a new post from you. Have missed you...Love you Aunt Elizabeth
Yes...I am very late to comment on this post. I don't think I have had a more fun New Year's Eve! I am very bummed that the videos were deleted...they were definitely blog worthy, haha! We started 2010 off with a bang!
Post a Comment