Friday, July 1, 2011

Celebrating Rachel + Hollis

soooo, I know I said that I was busy with my new job, but there was also something else that has been making me a little more stressed and busy.  Before I got my new job, my sister Natalie and I (and Hollis' brother Reynolds & wife Melanie) with our husbands decided to host an engagement party for our younger sister Rachel and her fiance Hollis.  The only snag here was that it was planned for Saturday, June 25th.... which just so happened to be the biggest night of my job for the whole year.  Somehow, we made it all work out, but I decided to make things a little more stressful for myself.  Since the party was going to be held at MY house, I decided to redecorate.... as in, redo my entire den.  Ben (and probably even myself) had doubts about whether or not everything would come together at the last minute, but by some miracle, it did!  Furniture deliveries came the day before the party, fabric was being stapled on the last chair bottoms at 2am the day of the party, the last pillow arrived at 9am the morning of the party, etc etc etc... Also, the Alumnae Reunion (that I mentioned in my last post) was from 4-6 and the engagement party started at 6.  Somehow, it was a perfect day and all worked out.  

Here are many pictures from Rachel + Hollis' Engagement Party
Appetizer & Dessert world
 We had seating for over 30 people inside & outside (and you can see a sneak peek of the finished product in the den!)
 Atop my new TV Cabinet were pictures of the cute couple from over the years!
 We had delicious BBQ and Natalie decorated the tables with fun big sunflowers!
Our yard looked better than it ever has... Ben joked that he's putting Mr. Lowe's kids through college with all the trips he made to Lowe's to plant bushes, flowers, etc etc.  I hung white paper lanterns in the tree & we had tiki torches lit around the patio (with our new patio furniture).  
Rachel, Hollis' dad Charles, My Mom, & Hollis
The sunset was beautiful and it finally cooled off a little bit when the sun went down
 Our Distinguished Young Women Finals was live cast on the Internet Saturday night, so even though I couldn't be there, I was able to watch a few bits & pieces of it online and caught the very end & saw them announce the winner.  
I love my sister and am so glad we are within 3 months of her wedding! Time has flown by and I am so excited for them.  We had a such a fun time and love the incredible group of friends they have surrounded themselves with.
Rachel + Hollis
September 24, 2011

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Congrats to your sister and Hollis! What a cute couple. Your den looks AMAZING! So bright, and I love the colors!



Kelly

Megan said...

What a lovely summer party! Congratulations, Rachel and Hollis! Erin, we might have to throw a "Welcome to Texas" party...

Anonymous said...

YES Meg!! that sounds like a wonderful plan!
Erin your house looked amazing and we had the best time. our friends are still talking about what a great time it was (and how they hope we didnt overstay our welcome haha). thank you all for hosting such a fun and DELICIOUS bbq for us. t-minus 85 days!!!!

samantha said...

Yay! I'm looking forward to seeing your family again in September!

Anonymous said...

It was an awesome pahty! Everything was delicious, and your house is beautiful :)