Saturday, September 10, 2011

NOLA with the girls

As I sit here watching Auburn play MS State (WAR EAGLE!!!) I figured I'd start catching up on blogging.  Since this blog is basically my online photo journal of our life, even when I get behind, I like to go back through the calendar to catch up and document what we've been up to.

2 weekends ago, I went to New Orleans with both of my sisters and 11 other girls for my younger sister Rachel's Bachelorette Party.  Our family grew up going to NOLA all the time and my sister and her friends go there a lot so it was the perfect location for the celebration!   It was quite an adventure keeping up with 14 people on Bourbon Street,  but everyone had a great time.  

My favorite place is Pat O'Briens where you can sit in the courtyard and drink Hurricanes or go to the dueling piano bar and make song requests.  
Gotta love a pregnant sister on Bourbon Street. :)  She was a trooper and my excuse to go home earlier than the rest of the girls. Oh to be young again....
 Saturday, Natalie and I went to lunch and shopping all day on our own.  Then it was time for the Lingerie Shower and dinner!  I ordered a Cookie Cake for the party and it went through quite a beating getting there (a few bumps in the road and nearly falling on the ground but we saved the cake!).  Natalie came up with the wonderful wording since we are so sad Rachel & Hollis are moving to Houston after they get married and we will miss them so much! 
All the girls
 My sister has wonderful friends and we all had fun together.  I can't wait to celebrate with everyone again just 2 weeks from today for their wedding!  Love you Rach! 

4 comments:

Megan said...

I LOVE THE CAKE! So funny! You know you're excited to visit :-) I'm going to serve a cake that says "HA, HA ALABAMA!"

Natalie said...

love the finger pointing at the belly in that picture. i had a great time but BOY did it take me a long time to recover! sheesh

love yall :)

Anonymous said...

hahaha yes the finger pointing - such a spectacle.
fun times :) it's getting close....
and then i'll be a houston girl in need of friends so meg and i will have to go get lunch. and you will have to drive over for that reason :)

Kelly said...

That cake is perfect! Y'all are such a pretty bunch, and it looks like you had tons of fun! I've never been to New Orleans, but we're going w/some of Britt's family next month. I'm excited!