Sunday, December 16, 2012

Our Thanksgiving

Wells' first Thanksgiving was a wonderful celebration with all of our families!  We started out by having dinner with Ben's Family at Amy & Will's house on Wednesday night.  We each brought different dishes and Amy got all of her china, silver, and crystal out to use for the 1st time.  The table was beautiful and dinner was amazing.  We were all stuffed! 
 Thursday morning, we woke up and snuggled in bed and relaxed.  We watched the entire Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, which I LOVED, but Wells was kinda indifferent... sleeping through it! 
Thursday Ben & I loaded up and headed to the hunting camp for the rest of the weekend.  The rest of the family came later that night and on Friday, but while Ben went hunting that afternoon, I put Wells down for a nap and had some amazing do-nothing-but-enjoy-the-sounds-of-nature Momma time!  
Friday, our family officially celebrated Thanksgiving!  Cooking took place all throughout the day and was wonderfully relaxing.  
Wells & Doc
All of the boys in the family
I made deviled eggs and spinach madeline for the meal!
 Emory watching Wells napping
Wells & Mimi
Love this cutie
 Later that afternoon we started a fire in the fire pit (that we got custom made for my dad and gave him for Christmas last year)
 and the boys fried turkeys
 The table was set and so beautifully festive
 The meat was carved
 and the spread was complete: fried turkey, smoked turkey, crack ham, sausage & rice dressing, spinach madeline, 7 layer salad, and deviled eggs
 I think each of us stated that we would never eat again but we all know that didn't happen.  
On Saturday, Ben & I went to Tuscaloosa for the Iron Bowl while Wells stayed behind with my Momma (and the rest of the family) babysitting!  
I knew the game wouldn't be very pretty and it certainly wasn't for this Auburn Fan.  We still had a good time and War Eagle anyway!  
We made it back to the camp just in time to bathe, feed, and put Wells to bed and eat another delicious meal with the fam!  
It was such a great week of giving thanks for all the many blessings we have been given, especially the addition of baby Wells this year.   

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a great Thanksgiving weekend! Great pictures of the fun, family time. So thankful for the addition of our little Wells!