Friday, February 20, 2009

1st Sewing Project

My mommy gave me her old sewing machine that she has had since 9th grade, since she got a brand new one recently! I figured this gives me an excuse to finally learn how to use this machine and whip out some projects in my "time off." First up, was a window shade for my kitchen! I had fabric leftover from recovering our dining room chairs, so I measured and made this panelthen I went to a local fabric store and found a fringe for the bottom and decorative detail for the top pole pocket! I have to say it was very easy, fun, and I'm quite proud of my sewing abilities! I need more things to make now (aside from FINALLY hemming a few pairs of pants that have desperately been needing the safety pins replaced)! :)

i was so glad to get it ready for the stock the bar party at my house the next day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY, Erin! Wow! It turned out great. I like the trims too. Perfect:)

Jill said...

I am so impressed!! I haven't attempted anything for the house, but your window treatment inspires me to give it a try :)