Friday, August 28, 2009

for sale... by owner

Well, Ben and I are selling our house. We have had a FOR SALE BY OWNER sign in the front yard for a few months and had a few calls here and there. We aren't in a huge hurry to move, so that's why we haven't listed it with a realtor yet.

Basically, we absolutely LOVE our house, but we just want to move back closer to Mobile because:
1. We are thinking about the future of starting a family (future... not now) and being closer to both sets of parents and all siblings (babysitters!).
2. Ben works in Mobile and with my new job, I don't travel as much and I work in Mobile almost every day.
3. Our social life would be much better by being able to get together with people more often and having people over to our house without them having to drive so far.

Those are just a few reasons, but basically it's only because of location, not because of the house itself that we are moving. So anyway, if YOU or anyone you know is looking to move to the Eastern Shore/Baldwin County area, please let me know if you would be interested in seeing our house. Like I said, it is for sale by owner right now, so I can email you picutres or more information on where it is, how much, etc and set up a time to come see the house!

We actually had 2 people come see the house today, and both were pretty interested and had odd circumstances that led them to calling us, so it would be amazing if one of these buyers worked out. Please keep that in your prayers, but we definitely aren't getting our hopes up because we know the economy is rough and it could be tough to sell a house right now.

This is part of the flyer with some of the information on the house:
FSBO
I'm really anxious to move, so let me know if you know of anyone that is interested! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

if only you could pick this house up and move it to mobile! hopefully some lucky family will snatch it up :)

Megan said...

I love a house with a good front porch and a big backyard! You don't find those here in the Houston suburbs :-)