Monday, September 21, 2009

Back on the Plains

This past weekend, Ben's friends were all getting together for a little mini reunion in AUBURN for the Auburn vs. West Virginia game. Before going there on Saturday, we decided to go see Ben's grandparents on Friday night. They live less than 45 minutes away from Auburn and we wanted to go for a visit. 



We arrived at Grandmother & Granddaddy's house at 10pm (their time zone) to a full spread dinner of fried chicken, creamed corn, fried okra, peas, rolls, & then pound cake for dessert! THEN we stayed up until past 1:30 am just talking and visiting with them. We just have the best time when we go visit them and wish we could have stayed longer!!!

Saturday morning, after a delicious breakfast of course, we said goodbye and headed to AUBURN! This is the 1st game I had been back for since I graduated over 3 years ago and Ben over 2 years ago. We went to a tailgate in the ampitheatre with a bunch of Ben's guy friends around noon before the game was to start at 7pm.

Rachel & Hollis stopped byIMG_0081

IMG_0093
Hieb, Brent, & BenIMG_0098
Ben, Ralson, Hieb, & RobbinsIMG_0100
(I'm disappointed Matt Glass didn't even get in a picture, and yes I'm calling you out b/c I know he reads my blog and never comments! haha, we enjoyed seeing you though!)

Ben & me
IMG_0103
We got to the game early to see the eagle fly, but it started POURING down rain! After about a 30 minute rain delay, the game was finally ready to start. It sprinkled a little bit more but turned out to be a great game!IMG_0104

IMG_0106
Auburn pulled out the win vs. WVU and we had such a good time. Ben was a great sport & I was glad he supported my game (he even wore a blue shirt!!) :)IMG_0114
Overall, a great weekend being reunited with most of Ben's friends from college. I got to see a few friends of mine, too; Kate, one of my bridesmaids whom I haven't seen since my wedding, some other pledge sisters, such as Alex who is expecting a baby in January, & Erica a great friend from high school, and friends I haven't seen since I graduated. The campus has changed so much since we were last there and it made me miss Auburn so much! WAR EAGLE!
IMG_0120

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww great pictures, E! I'm sure it was fun to return to the college atmosphere, even if only for a weekend!

Natalie said...

gosh i love me some AU. and i am craving a football game. and some amphitheater tailgating...that is THE best spot for it. great pics - looks like you had fun!

Megan said...

I spy a Longchamp purse! Goes with everything - even an AU game day outfit.

I wish I was close enough to my alma mater to make it to more games. You are lucky!

And Big XII rules.

Maire said...

Hi Erin! Dont know why I haven't visited before, but love your blog! Hugs, Maire

Amanda said...

War Eagle! What a great game- we were there too! :) The new font looks great- you did good! :)

Kate Schemmel said...

Woohoo I got a mention on the blog! It was great to see you and so sad that we hadn't seen each other in so long!

Love you!