Last weekend Ben took off work early on Friday and we headed up to Tuscaloosa for the weekend. This was the first weekend we had ever had Harper boarded at the vet too, but I don't think he really minded. We met Katie & Jody at Chuck's Fish for an earlyish dinner. This place has some of the best sushi so we didn't even order 'regular food.' We noticed that Kenny "The Snake" Stabler was at the restaurant too and waiting for a table, so when we were about the leave, the boys asked us if we would take a picture with him. No, I'm not a big fan, but the boys thought it would be funny, so we obliged. When we walked up to him, Jody said "hey we're from Orange Beach." But I don't think he thought that was too funny.
After dinner, we headed out to the bars of Tuscaloosa, and spent our evening at Innisfree. Ben's brother Adam joined us up there too.
Saturday was the big game, and we tailgated all day before the 2:30 game. I didn't take any pictures on my real camera, but had a few from my phone. The LSU vs. Alabama game was extremely eventful and nerve racking, but I have to admit I was pulling for Alabama (hey, I like going to the SEC Championship games with Ben & for him to be happy)!
In the end, he got his wish and Alabama pulled out a great win.
We went back to the tailgate after the game before actually going to bed early so we could get up and head home early on Sunday. This was the last game we will be going to this year, and now we will look forward to hunting season and the HOLIDAYS whilst watching the rest of the season from home. :)







5 comments:
Wow!...The snake is looking pretty rough these days. good to see you at Christmas Jubilee, too.
You are providing fun commercial entertainment during the AU and bama games :) glad ur back to posting!
Boo Al! LOL Hope you had a good time at the game!
yay you are back! that man is kind of a creepster...
ya know, my parents have a mixed marriage...mom went to AU, dad went to AL. And they have been married over 30 years! (mom cheers for AL too...just as long as they are not playing Auburn) :)
Post a Comment