Thank you so much for all the sweet & funny comments on my last post. Those pants in the 1st picture crack me up, too (they are kinda like feaux leather pants... a mistake is what they are, but apparently they didn't scare Ben away, so that's OK). For our anniversary evening, Ben told me to be ready to go to dinner at 6:30, and the rest was a surprise, so this got me excited. I LOVE surprises and am not one to try and figure them out, I just needed to know what to wear!
.
So, when Ben got home from work, we exchanged gifts! He had been paying attention after I went shopping on Saturday and said I found a coat I wanted for Christmas, and he went back and bought it (just from memory of what I had said in passing) for our anniversary and I wore it to dinner! Ben scheduled a TAXI to come pick us up at 6:30 (no drinking & driving, smart boy) and take us to dinner at the Wash House in Fairhope. Neither of us had ever been but had heard great things about it. We enjoyed a bottle of wine and pretty much a 4 course meal (appetizer, soup, salad, entrees of filet and lamb). It was really fun to reflect on the past 2 years & keep the romance alive.
Wednesday night, I had my monthly BUNKO group with friends, so we weren't home all night. So Thursday night I was swamped with work stuff on the computer to catch up on from not being home 2 evenings in a row. I was stressed and felt bad about not cooking dinner for us, so Ben took over the dinner-fixin role and said he would make a salad for us. I didn't think anything of it, but then he served me this fantasticly delicious masterpiece..
let me tell you, the little things make a big difference sometimes.... he impresses me... and i love him :)





4 comments:
That salad looks SO SUPER YUMMY good job Ben!!! Your right it is the little things. Though your past pics you might have looked younger I think you two look so beautifully happy...the past 2 years have treated you well!
Yay for a sweet Anniversary! Glad you had a good time!
What a nice thoughtful hubby, and what a delicious looking salad! Happy Anniversary!
SO SWEET!! So glad that yall had a great time celebrating your anny!!
Post a Comment