I helped start a BUNKO group over a year ago & have kept it going with a growing group of girls from high school & friends we have all made from Mobile. We enjoy getting together once a month to play our mindless dice game, have some dinner, & enjoy some wine! :) I have met alot of new friends through our growing list of invitees and really enjoy the one night a month of girls getting together (while our hubbies usually go get wings and drink beer together)!
.
This past Thursday night, we met together at Paint & Pals studios and had a Paint Party benefiting America's Junior Miss Program instead of playing our usual Bunko. My anxiety rose as I sat down in front of my blank canvas and thoughts of high school art came back. I have always been pretty creative and artistic but at some point I just realized that I was better suited taking a different path as far as a career was concerned, and my sisters continued on their design/artistic majors in college. I am a perfectionist/type-A and sometimes painting doesn't pair very well with my mentality.
.
In the end, I had a great time with it, and was very happy with how my finished product turned out. I took a tiny but of artistic license with my cross, in order to find a home for it in my home. Ben was impressed when I brought it home, so he wants me to paint a few more things for our house now... we shall see :)
me, Whitney, Katie
Andrea, Stephanie, Emily Ann




No comments:
Post a Comment