Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Just the 6 of Us

We are so lucky to have a great group of friends in Mobile that you all probably notice reoccurring on my blog a lot!  We spend as much time together as possible on the weekends whether we're headed out of town or staying in.  I think we're really lucky as couples that all of the girls and guys get along with each other & it's not just, the girls are friends & we force our husbands to hang out with each other.  Katie & I have been friends since childhood, Austin & Ben met through work, Ben & Jody will go play golf together, Katie became the Bradford's realtor, the Bradfords & us go to church together... we are just all intertwined & have such a good time together. 

Saturday night before the SUPERBOWL, Katie & Jody, Austin & Stephanie, and Ben & I all went out to eat Los Rancheros Mexican for dinner.  Afterwards we went to Austin & Steph's to sit around the fire pit which Ben & I had brought over from our house!  The boys had a great time chopping down trees in the backyard so that we could have some firewood! 
New Image2
The girls
New Image5
The boys taking a break from using the AX
New Image8
Harper was there too!  After all, he is still our baby & goes everywhere with us! haha
New Image6
Our friends are great & allow us to spend the night in their guest bedrooms all the time so we don't have to go back over the bay.  That night we stayed at Katie & Jody's house & then Sunday we all gathered back at the Bradfords to watch the SuperBowl!  I made 2 appetizers & Stephanie cooked Red Beans & Rice for dinner so that we felt a little bit Cajun (GO SAINTS!)!  We had a great time cheering the New Orleans Saints to victory & had fun weekend with our friends! 

2 comments:

Natalie said...

stephen wants to buy a fire pit like that. and i believe we shall.

Stephanie Bradford said...

We are so blessed to have such great friends! I can't wait for the next "Just the 6 of Us" weekend adventure!