Monday, February 1, 2010

The wrong side of my 20's

Well, that's where I have been told I officially am now... on the wrong side of the 20's.  I turned 26 years old on January 29th, and to be honest it didn't bother me one bit!  (The only part that bothers me is that for the next 7 months I will be a "year" older than Ben!)
.
Luckily I don't work on  Fridays, so I had the day off, but everyone else was working or already up at the hunting camp starting their weekend early, so that meant the beginning of my day was pretty routine & spent on the computer at home!That afternoon we all loaded up and Austin, Stephanie, Ben, Harper, & I headed up to the hunting camp to meet up w/ my family for the last weekend of hunting season (and our last weekend at our hunting camp since we aren't going to be at this place next year). 

Ben got tons of yummy birthday desserts from Pollman's Bakery in Mobile...
DSC_0124
well, except for the fact that the cake kinda looked like a week old grandmother's Easter cake (no, he didn't preorder)... we all got a good laugh out of that :)  at least it tasted good! 
DSC_0127
the more candles the better, right? 
DSC_0140
I had an awesome birthday & everyone was so generous... a few gift highlights:
my wedding invitation gorgeously framed (from my parents)
DSC_0159
an ipod touch (from Ben)
Twilight series audiobooks (from my sisters)... more on that later...

We missed the Roe fam being there, but Natalie wrote the sweetest birthday post to me on her blog, which was so fun to read.  Go HERE if you want to learn a little more about me & see some fun pictures too. :) Thank you for all the birthday wishes! 

4 comments:

Shannon said...

What a cute cake...Happy Birthday!!!

newwife said...

Happy Birthday lady!! That is so funny, our birthdays are only a few weeks apart, as were our weddings! Guess that's because we are AWESOME! I love the cake- beautiful! Hope you had a great one.

Stephanie Bradford said...

Such a fun birthday weekend! Thanks for having us at the hunting camp!

The Dennis Family said...

HAPPY HAPPY!! Sounds like you had a great 26th! WOO HOO!