We had a whirlwind Memorial weekend. Normally we would just go down to the beach house & veg out, relax, eat, swim, etc all weekend long.... but this time we had a wedding to go to Saturday night back in Mobile so we were only at the beach Friday night & Saturday morning. We made the most of the short time we had.
Here's a photo overload of Ben & I playing with Bennett Friday afternoon with the ball MiMi & Doc found & gave to B, the cutest child in the world:
Looking at "Doc's Fishin Boat"
And then Saturday we got our swimming, sun bathing, and shrimp boil on! We wrapped up the day by celebrating RACHEL'S BIRTHDAY before Ben & I had to leave.... (happy b'day rachie)
My good friend since childhood, classmate, and God-sister, Jennifer, got married at my home church & had the most beautiful wedding reception I have ever been to, at a museum called Space 301. We reunited with so many friends from high school & danced the night away until the bride & groom left on their moped!!!
One of the reception rooms
Jennifer & Will cutting the cake
Katie, me, Rebecca, Blair, & Loren
Katie & I (& Jody)
Ben & I
High School Friends w/ the Bride
At the end of the night I was able to snag Jennifer & asked Ben to take a picture of us & this is what he took.... good thing he knows how to ZOOM.... oh well, she looks beautiful :)
Sunday night we had friends (Austin, Stephanie, & William) over and had wine & cooked ribs, veggies, & corn all on the grill!
Then Monday we relaxed, had a lot of rain storms off & on (made us feel better about not being at the beach), watched AVATAR for the 1st time (very long, different, interesting, beautiful, & cool movie), and then I drug Ben to go see Sex and the City 2 with me (haha, he did NOT enjoy it) & then dinner. The 1st part of the weekend was hectic, & the last part was relaxing.
I hope you all enjoyed your Memorial Weekend & we appreciate everything our service men & women do for us & our freedoms.



















7 comments:
loved all the pictures of both Bennett and the wedding! Jennifer is a beautiful bride and what a gorgeously decorated reception!
I could eat that little guy up!! What a cutie! And beautiful pictures! I love the picture of half of your face and the bride...lol
aw i love my little b man.
i used one of those pics for my computer background :)
where was her reception? bananas that is beautiful!
xo
nat
I would have been bummed about going to a wedding on a holiday weekend---until I read the details. It was beautiful and it's always fun to reunite with high school friends! We need more 3-day weekends!
Gorgeous pics, Erin! I STILL think you are in the wrong business! Love alllll that subject matter! Hee hee! :-) La
1. Your nephew is PRECIOUS.
2. Every outfit you wear is super cute. We need to move on from shoe chats and talk clothes.
3. The draping in that reception is GORGEOUS. And I loved the framed pictures in the cutting the cake picture. I bet there were so many beautiful details. Ah, weddings, love them!
Love the pictures of Bennett!
Post a Comment