Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Jacksonville Vacation

3 of Ben's college friends/groomsmen are all from Jacksonville, FL and still live there, so this is a place that we end up visiting at least once, if not more times, per year.  2 of these guys have gotten engaged within the last year and Ben is in both of their weddings, so let the fun visits begin!!!

This past weekend was an engagement party for Brent & Meridith whose wedding is October 16th.  Ben & I came into town early, on Thursday night, and stayed with his friend Matt, who is living on the beach!  Friday while everyone was at work, Ben & I laid out in the sun all day (I actually finished reading a BOOK!) & enjoyed a relaxing day at the beach (the Atlantic Ocean is quite different from our Gulf of Mexico).  When I saw all the puppies playing in the water I wished Harper had been there with us!
DSC_0041
Friday night everyone finally met up to go to dinner & to the bar! It was such a fun time reuniting with everyone from college.  Luckily, I love all of Ben's friends girlfriends/wives too so it doesn't just feel like a guy's weekend.  
Matt (Hieb), Robbins, Ben, Brent, Brian (Register)
DSC_0043
The Bride & Groom to be- Brent & Meridith
DSC_0045
DSC_0047
the next-up bride & groom to be (April 16, 2011!)- Gracie & Brian
DSC_0054
Saturday it rained a little bit in the morning, but then we made an incredible feast of fresh Fish Tacos for lunch before hitting the beach for the afternoon.
The engagement party was Saturday night and was an island themed dinner party.
All the boys
DSC_0060
With the girls, Alison & Gracie (can you see how HOT it was!?!)
DSC_0057
Our wonderful hosts for the weekend: Matt & Alison
DSC_0062
DSC_0071
It was a fun long weekend, despite the horrendously long boring drive, and we can't wait to come back in October!  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun, fun! Looks like the heat persuaded your hair to curl alittle bit, but don't fret, it looks good!
Like that multicolored dress on you

Anonymous said...

someone's been shopping

Kelly said...

Wow, all you do is wedding stuff! ;) I just went to the Atlantic as well, and it IS a lot different from our beloved Gulf. So glad I'm in the blog loop now!

Anna Melton said...

Hey Erin, I hope this doesn't sound weird... I stumbled upon your blog from Lacey Schaffer's blog and I just have to ask you what kind of camera you have. You have the best pictures I've ever seen! We have some other friends in common from Auburn, so I'm not a total stranger! Anyway, I'd love to know what camera you have. Thank you!!

christy gale said...

love the dogs in the water picture,
i thought that was Harper, but what a great shot.