Things have felt hectic and busy ever since we got back from our trip, but that's what this time of year brings! We moved straight into Thanksgiving celebrations...
We spent Wednesday night at Ben's parents house with the entire family, grandparents from his dad's side included. We had a delicious spread of dinner and desserts and all visited together and played with Leigh in the den afterward. We all talked about how much fun we had in Spain & shared pictures from the incredible trip we had.
While we were there, I got some extremely exceptionally exciting (lots of E's) news! My younger sister, Rachel, & Hollis got engaged at the beach that afternoon! We are so happy for them & the amazing marriage they are going to be entering into. Hollis couldn't be a better addition to our family & I'm so proud of my not-so-baby-anymore sister.
Then Thursday we spent Thanksgiving day with my family at the newly annual Roe/Setzler Steelwood celebration. The boys fried turkeys, we had a delicious meal, and then we had a crazy afternoon caravan of golf cart riding!
Rachel & Hollis ate lunch with Hollis' family, but we were so glad they joined us for the afternoon so we could celebrate (and ooh and ahh over the ring & such).
The next morning Ben & I woke up bright & early and drove to Tuscaloosa for the IRON BOWL! It was a quick trip to see the game but well worth it. Auburn defeated Alabama 28-27 in one of the best football games I've seen. It was extremely exciting (and as I write this now, they have won the SEC Championship last night and are going to the National Championship! WAR EAGLE!)
Yes, in fact I am wearing a red coat (Alabama's color), but that's because I got the coat in Spain & it was special. However, I was wearing my AUBURN necklace & cheering Auburn to victory! :)
The next day, Saturday, Ben & I cooked our own version of Thanksgiving dinner all over again because we didn't have any leftovers from our parents houses. Ben fried a turkey breast, and I made homemade Macaroni & Cheese and a Pecan Pie. My parents came over for dinner & there were leftovers for everyone. This was my first time making a Pecan Pie and it was very easy (and Ben's new favorite dessert)!
Since then, I have gotten the majority of my Christmas shopping done (ONLINE) already and we are about to head out and get our Christmas Tree! I love this season of Advent (which we are focusing on in our Bible Study right now) and know that I have so much in my life to be thankful for. Not only do we need to focus on THANKS on "Thanksgiving Day" but throughout this busy season and the year.
Thank you, blog readers & friends, for all of your kind comments and compliments! It makes blogging worth it and I appreciate your kind words.





8 comments:
Ha! Love the golf carts photo!
We had so much fun w/ ya'll here! Thanks for all your help! :-) La
I made my first pecan pie this year too and was shocked at how easy it was!
Congrats to sis on the engagement - it already feels like wedding season and it's still winter! Ha.
thanks sister!! so excited :)
that was one fabulous pecan pie! don't worry - you will be making it again. and again...
ps- i love how emory is just a little nugget in that picture. know what i mean?
That table looks straight out of a magazine! I love the centerpiece:)
You just don't stop going, do you! :) Congrats to your sister...y'all look a lot alike!
Post a Comment