Friday, October 7, 2011

in between

The weekend after we got back from our long trip, Ben & I were off to our first Alabama game of the season.  We missed opening weekend of college football while we were in Nantucket even though we tried really hard to find a bar/restaurant to go watch games that day.  
We went to Tuscaloosa for the Alabama vs. North Texas game and we invited our friends Katie & Jody and Ben had some people from work join us as well.  Unfortunately, on Saturday morning, Ben woke up not feeling so hot and was pretty much sick the rest of the day but still made it to the game.  My great friend Caroline was at the game too and came up to join us for the last half of the game (2 Auburn girls in Tuscaloosa, o goodness).  
This being our first trip to Tuscaloosa since last year, it was also our first time to see all the destruction that the tornadoes did up there.  It was shocking to see the path of the massive disaster and not even recognize the area anymore or remember what once stood there.  Many people lost their lives and our prayers remain with those affected.... but it looks like Tuscaloosa is strong and on the road to rebuilding.  

The Monday after we got back, my sweet friend Erin (whose wedding I was in last summer) gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, Olivia Nicole.  I got to meet her and take her picture when she was less than 24 hours old.  What an angel... 
 and this one is just too cute for words! 
 I am so happy for Erin & BJ and am excited about watching Olivia grow up.  I can't wait to take more pictures of her soon!  

3 comments:

Caroline said...

LOVED seeing you as always!

Anonymous said...

sweet lil baby

Kate Schemmel said...

Cline, what in the world were you doing at a Bama game??