Sunday, January 22, 2012

all things Christmas & New Years

Despite my lack of taking many pictures lately, it's about time I covered our Christmas on the blog!  We had a wonderful Holiday, spending all of Christmas Eve day at my parent's house and all of Christmas Day at Ben's parent's house.  We attended our church's Christmas Eve service and had wonderful relaxing long visits with both families!  

Emory & Bennett (Mr. 2-week-old Jacob slept right through most of the celebrating!)
Cowgirl Leigh
Ben & I exchanged some 'smaller' gifts and got our big gift for each other a little earlier in December.... an elliptical... "no excuses" is the theme of this season of the Biggest Loser and I'm pretty sure it's going to be the theme for Ben & I too because having this in our house is going to be quite convenient!  
These may be attached to my feet from now on... one of my fave gifts :)  
This was our Christmas Card this year:
After all the celebrating on Christmas Day, Ben & I went back home, unloaded the car, repacked and loaded back up and headed up to the Hunting Camp/Farm!  We had several days of relaxing and time in the woods with just the 2 of us before we had friends come up for New Years weekend!  
 Ben & Harper went duck hunting one morning and had great success!!
 Before our friends arrived, we visited my parent's camp house, just a few miles down the road, a few times, celebrated Bennett's birthday, and saw the house with finishing touches coming together!  Then on Friday all of our friends arrived for New Years weekend!!! We accompanied the boys on their quail hunting expedition: 
 Brian & Gracie came from Jacksonville!
Katie & Jody were there (didn't get a pic of the 2 of them or Ben & I together though)
Stephanie & Austin
Holley & Garrett
 We had an awesome weekend with such wonderful friends.  The 10 of us all get along beautifully and had a fun New Years.  Everyone took charge a different meal to feed the group and we had just enough sleeping room for us all!  A few sparklers were about as crazy as us married folks' New Years went.  
 WELCOME 2012!!!! It's gonna be a good one! :) 

4 comments:

Margaret said...

Looks like yall had a great Christmas and New Years! That must be so wonderful to have both of your families so close by yall and each other! And BTW..I made one of the recipes you put up (chicken and wild rice soup) and you were right..so good and easy! So thanks for sharing and keep the recipes coming :)

Anonymous said...

Great read, E! Keep the blog posts coming :)

Rachel Anderson said...

fun! and i love the biggest loser too! (...as i polish off my last bite of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream)

Libba said...

Yea, so glad you have a new post...I sure have missed your posts...love you. Aunt Elizabeth