I am 20 weeks pregnant as of yesterday! I cannot believe we are actually halfway through the 40 weeks a pregnancy can last. I turned a corner about 2 or 3 weeks ago and have been feeling so much better and back to myself, just a new and improved pregnant self. I have been mulling over fabrics, swatches, ideas, and paint colors and am so ready to get the nursery stuff picked out and on its way into his room.
the little man at his 19 weeks 2 days ultrasound... beautiful profile & waving HI!
Some big changes have happened recently so I thought I would fill out this little survey thingy I saw on someone else's blog:
How Far Along: 20 Weeks
Size of baby: about 6.5 inches- the length of a banana from head to heel (but at our ultrasound last week he was measuring big they said, and I'm not surprised because everyone in my family has big babies)
Maternity Clothes: I LOVE my maternity jeans, any dresses, and a variety of shirts
Gender: BOY (we found out at 15 weeks 2 days and then confirmed it at 19 weeks 2 days that he still is, haha!)
Movement: BIG NEWS this week is that I FINALLY started to feel him move! As we approached our doctor's appointment last Wednesday I kept wondering when I would feel him and then later that afternoon I finally realized that I COULD and have been feeling the flutters ever since... absolutely amazing!
Sleep: Well, so far I had been sleeping great as I've never really been one to have any trouble getting my sleep. I got a Snoogle back in February and it is an amazing assistant to good pregnancy sleep... however the past 3 nights I haven't slept well AT ALL... I'm catching my mind racing as I should be falling asleep and I lay in bed still and concentrate on feeling him move that I think I'm keeping myself awake...
What I miss: nothing really... I wouldn't trade this experience for the world.... but if I had to pick I'd say easier sleeping positions & cold turkey sandwiches
Cravings: depends on which day it is... I'll crave the most random food items (some egg rolls my mom made but I haven't eaten in probably 10 years), craved peanut butter and bought it for the 1st time in my life, don't like Dill pickles usually but have enjoyed a few these days (so cliche I know).
Symptoms: heartburn, tiredness, occasional headaches (haven't been as bad lately as they were weeks ago)
Best Moment this week: starting to feel baby boy MOVE and getting asked by a stranger for the first time "How far along are you" (most would take that negatively that they actually could tell you were pregnant this early but I was making it quite obvious by pretty much framing my belly with my hands so I didn't mind!)
15 weeks 2 days (I think I was trying to make it look bigger than it was)
18 weeks 4 days (the belly popped for real now and I didn't have to frame it to see the bump)
I love every bit of it :)
AND I love how excited Ben is. He is constantly saying how he wishes he would be here NOW and he just joined a Bible Study for expectant/current dads based on the movie COURAGEOUS, an incredible movie with a message to all parents about having a Christian household. I highly recommend the movie!





8 comments:
Love that baby bump. Glad you feel a little relief of symptoms. Can't wait to see nursery evolve and hear sweet boy's name :)
You are SO cute! I think the joy you have in being pregnant is absolutely beautiful, Erin. Really. So many women take it for granted, but not you. I love seeing that.
Congrats on feeling little man moving. That was always my favorite part of being pregnant. :)
So precious. I love that you're enjoying your pregnancy! I enjoyed my pregnancies so much (for the most part) and it makes me sad when I hear/read about someone who doesn't enjoy their pregnancy. Your bump is adorable! I'm jealous of how early you popped!
love it! i cant wait to copy your survey!! ps we are one week and 1 day apart. so happy we can share the summer heat!
yay!! you're back! ive been waiting on bated breath for a post about the newest littlest. love the baby bump. so glad he is making his little home more comfortable ;)
love you guys
You're too cute. I'm thrilled for you. The adventure has JUST begun. Thinking about you!!
I have sooooo missed your postings. So glad your little man is doing well and you are feeling much better. You and Ben are going to be awsome parents! Love Aunt Elizabeth
Well, I'll be! It's a post! ;)Yay!
So glad, E, that you are feeling better. You look so cute with that baby bump. So much fun to be getting the nursery ready for the little boy.
XOXOxo
Post a Comment