Tuesday, March 6, 2012

NOLA x2

I went to New Orleans twice within a 2 week period of time in January and they were extremely different trips!  

We had tickets to the National Championship game to watch Alabama play LSU and the hotel had a 4 night minimum so off for a mini-vacay we went!  We savored several delicious meals: Antoine's, Galatoire's, & Tommy's.  We shopped on Magazine Street (and I bought my 1st maternity clothing item) and made a little money at Harrah's!  All of this was packed into 1.5 days before misery hit us... Ben came down with the most extreme case of the stomach bug that either of us had ever experienced.  We spent the next 2 days in the hotel room, him sick, me feeling sickly pregnant and eating the next 5 meals via room service.  We considered just leaving and driving back home but the ultimate goal was the feel better by the time Monday night came and it was time to go to the game. 

That time arrived and we decided to give it a go... We had incredible seats at the game and the energy was electric... 
 
The game was very exciting and thank goodness Ben made it through!  As the clock was running down, I was the unfortunate one who was now sick from the stomach bug.  Alabama won and Ben & I booked it back to the hotel and were both so ready to get back home.  Not quite the vacation we were hoping for but we survived.  

A week after we got back it was time for me to go back to New Orleans with my coworkers for an office Staff Retreat.  Our first activity on the agenda was The New Orleans School of Cooking where we learned how to make Gumbo, Jambalaya, and Bread Pudding.  I am someone who cooks but I think that cooking school/class is such a fun thing to do and you learn new little tidbits here and there, and get to eat some yummy food of course.  (I was too interested in watching and eating to take any pictures!)

Next we went to the New Orleans Aquarium, where I hadn't been in a good number of years.  
My fun coworkers
After a little relaxation (with 2 out of 7 ladies being pregnant a slower pace is sometimes necessary) we walked to Pat O'Brien's for dinner and entertainment.  The piano bar at Pat O's is my favorite thing to do on Bourbon Street; I just wasn't partaking in Hurricanes this trip.   :)
Cafe du Monde is one of our favorite breakfast locations where I have been going since I was really young... but we decided to go as a late night snack at 10:30pm instead.... I highly recommend it!  
The next morning we went to my favorite breakfast place: Stanley! and I got my "usual" Eggs Stanley.  
Then we walked around the French Quarter and Jackson Square.  

New Orleans is such a fun city and any excuse to go is usually a good time!  

3 comments:

Rachel Anderson said...

i would kill for some eggs stanley right now. yummmm

Anonymous said...

Eggs Stanley rocks!!
I'm in the mood for a trip to NOLA.

Kelly said...

I was just reading Natalie's post and saw that you are expecting! So happy for y'all. There is no greater blessing than little ones. I will be praying for y'all. Congrats!