(insert comments here about how sorry I am that I've been such a horrible blogger and need to get better at it not get so behind because now we are less than a week away from Wells turning 1!)
Let's go over all our activities and pictures during Wells' 10th month!
Somehow these 2 pictures didn't make it into Wells' 9 month post but are from the Doctor's office for his 9 month checkup!
Talking to the turtles out the window
In early May was the Kentucky Derby and we went over to some friends' house for a Derby Party play date with 5 other girl babies and Wells was the only boy!
Lunch after church
His first bruise :( and showing off his clapping obsession
We love swinging
At the Fairhope Rotary Steak Cookoff that Daddy was cooking for
Celebrating Caroline's 1st Birthday!
working on our "hard munchables" - AKA, trying to get him to eat food that isn't pureed
climbing on EVERYTHING
I celebrated my 1st Mother's Day on May 12- Ben made it an incredibly special day for me and I loved spending it with my boys. I was awoken with a rose :), then we went to church, lunch at Ben's parent's house, and that afternoon while Wells was napping I was treated to a relaxing pedicure!
This amazing little boy has made me the luckiest woman in the world to have a blessing and pleasure to be his mommy.
Wells and Leigh (Wells isn't really ever on grass so it kinda freaked him at first)
Babies wearing backpacks
The next Tuesday, May 14, was Wells' last day of "school" (Mother's Day Out) for the year. We will be going to a different church for MDO this summer before coming back to this school in August.
I can't believe how much he has changed since starting MDO in October in the nursery. From 3 months old to 9.5 months... and wearing a whale bubble both times :)
The next day, May 15, Wells' new cousin, and our new nephew, William Wesley Kennemer was born! In the waiting room:
Leigh seeing her baby brother for the 1st time
Our family meeting and getting to hold baby William!
We are so happy for Will, Amy, and Leigh on the precious new addition to their family!
memommy with her 2 grandsons
Wells wasn't sure what to think of the baby- he just wanted to touch his face
Still LOVES the bath
Probably our messiest meal yet... I'm a bit OCD so letting him get messy is difficult for me but I'm loosening up :)
Wearing the cutest sunsuit and standing without holding onto anything
Loves his Harper puppy- this was taken right before we left to go to the beach for an awesome long Memorial Day weekend (which will be a separate post because I took so many pictures!)
Baby blues
Working on CHEWING
Loves his new animal quilt to play on
Visiting with sweet baby William
Hi!
Being such a good boy in the waiting room at the doctor with mommy
A visit to the Farm to pick green beans out of the garden!
He loved the Wells sized rocking chair at the Farm
A nice summer rainstorm in the woods
And then it was June 2nd and Wells was 10 months old! YAAAAY
Such a big goofball!
He doesn't like to sit still for too long!
Age: 10 months old
no doctor's appointment for stats
Likes: clapping on demand when we say "yay" and waving "bye," talking/babbling, banging 2 toys against each other, crawling, ripping paper/magazines,
Dislikes: teething pain, the texture of food pieces, not being allowed to crawl all over the house
Eating: still breastfeeding every 4 hours (8am, 12, 4, 7:30pm). Eats baby food 2 times a day (lunch & dinner) and by the end of the month would finally chew and swallow puffs or cheerios
Sleeping: Goes to bed at 7:30pm and sleeps until 8am. Naps around 10am and 2pm (1-2 hours each)
Diapers: Size 3 Pampers cruisers & size 4 pampers nighttime diapers
Clothes: 9, 12, & 18 month dressy clothes/bubbles and 12-18 month cotton/play clothes/pajamas
Other things to mention from this month:
- CRAWLING EVERYWHERE!
- Sits up on his knees and walking behind the walker
- Started the fun game of dropping something on purpose and watching mommy pick it up
- He randomly started crawling with his left foot on the ground and right knee- I think it was because sometimes his knees would slip so the left foot provided traction :)
- Can stand for a little while without touching or holding onto anything and likes to stand up in the middle of the room
- He sleeps SO well at the beach that we had to wake him up from some naps or in the morning so he didn't sleep the day away!
- Sometimes he would eat 3 containers of baby food for dinner! hungry boy!
- He would gag any time any food that wasn't a puree touched his mouth- even puffs that would dissolve he would spit out.... I was worried at first, but just had to remain patient because by the end of the month he was starting to get the concept of chewing and textures!
- Saying "yayayaya" all the time
- This month I decided not to feed him in the middle of the night if he woke up anymore (very rarely happened but when it did, I just fed him and he would go straight back to sleep.. easy peasy)- But I realized that soon he wouldn't be nursing anymore and I wasn't going to go make a bottle in the middle of the night- SO, if he woke up in the middle of the night he would cry for about 5 minutes and go right back to sleep! SUCCESS!
You are such a big boy now Wells but you will always be our baby!

















2 comments:
so many great pictures! can't get over how much he has grown and changed.
love the way he crosses his feet!
I noticed those little crossed feet too! Sweet boy
Post a Comment