Happy Happy 1st Birthday Wells!
(pictures throughout this post are from his 1st Birthday photo shoot by Janie Long Photography in mid-July)
Dear Wells,
I honestly can't believe it has been a full year since you came into this world and changed our lives. Everyone told us that it will pass us by in a flash and to enjoy each stage, and it's not that I didn't believe them it's just that I didn't want it to go by so fast. We got caught up in each milestone and got so excited for the next thing to happen that before we knew it you were walking and turning 1 year old this past Friday, August 2nd!
We prayed for you so long, and despite the bumps in the road and the pain of the loss we experienced before you, we know that you were created by God and brought into our lives in his perfect timing. You were so worth the agonizing wait and we can't believe we have the privilege of raising you and watching you grow up. I hope that we can do the best job possible to mold you into an amazing young man.
From Day 1 we have known and been told that you are SUCH a good baby. We honestly know that we have been blessed with such an amazingly easy little boy. The 1st day we left the hospital we were told that we would have wished we still had the nursery at the hospital, but you were an angel baby and have been ever since. Your temperament is so mild, you rarely fuss or cry, you thrive on routine, you've been such a good sleeper since the very beginning, you are adaptable and chill in every situation and always along for the ride.
Your Daddy and I look at each other all the time and just smile and talk about how amazing you are and how much you have brightened our lives. Your smile, your laugh, and your kisses are the most beautiful sights and sounds and every little trick you perform and thing you learn shows us how smart you are and how much you are learning.
From the second you were born I realized that you looked so much like your Daddy and everyone has always agreed and said that you are his twin. As you are growing and changing I am noticing much more of me in there, too (which of course makes me happy). Everyone comments on your hair and the side swoop in the front. I think it's so cute and love brushing your hair and seeing the little curls pop up on the ends and the curls we tuck behind your ears.
We are so excited about the future and all the amazing adventures we will go on as a family. One day we hope that you have a little brother or sister and when I see you playing with your cousins or other children I know that it will be an awesome big brother and wonderful friend. We will take life moment by moment and enjoy each stage you go through and you can bet I will document every bit of it.
We look forward to teaching you and watching you learn about Jesus and his love filling your heart. I hope that you are always kind to others and become a well mannered southern gentleman like your daddy. I wish for very few bumps, bruises, injuries, and tears but know that life with a boy is going to be a wild ride. I love how much you love your puppy, mommy, daddy, and incredible extended family.
Thank you so much for being the amazing Wells, Wellsy, Wellsy Bellsy, love muffin, muffin head, sweet boy, champ, baby boy that you are. Happy 1st Birthday; We love you more than words can say.
Love,
Mommy & Daddy
































6 comments:
omggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg these are some of the best pictures. all are framers!!!! love that little boy so much. please give him lots of kisses from hollis and me. <3 you wells. happy birthday!!
So sweet Erin. A beautiful boy and beautiful family!
Such a sweet post! You and Ben are great examples of loving parents! We are grateful to be apart of
Your lives and learn from you!!!! Wishing Wellsy many many more birthdays! Love alllllll the pictures! Xoxo g
love you wells! youre so sweet and easy and have two fabulous parents :) {ps. erin i know the post was about wells but you look GREAT in those pics! - and in person i do say - lovely lady inside and out!}
Those are precious pictures. Happy birthday, little boy! I agree that you're looking more and more like your pretty mama!
Fantastic pictures and amazing family...love all of you so very very much.
Post a Comment