
This weekend was our first REAL beach weekend! Finally, it was nice and hot! Ben's pledge brother and good friend, Brian Register, and his girlfriend, Gracie, who are both from Jacksonville came to visit! Friday we rode the boat to LuLu's for lunch. I am quite embarrassed at the amount of food we all consumed. With appetizers, and multiple baskets for all 4 of our lunch food we have a disgusting amount of food on the table, but it was quite good!



Friday night we rode the boat to Tacky Jacks for dinner. The boat was having some difficulties all weekend, and shortly after we left Tacky Jacks, she died. I mean, not just motor sputtering died, but radio cuts off, all battery power lost, dead as a doornail died. I started to call my dad to come tow us home, even thought it was 11:30pm, but just as the phone rang for the 3rd time, the boys finally got the boat to start. We nearly idled the entire way home, but made it!
.
Saturday was the famous MULLET TOSS at the FloraBama. Actually, neither Ben nor I had ever been. I grew up watching the long lines of cars and people walking down the highway to get there, but never tried to brave the crowds. We managed to go by boat this year and squeezed ourselves between 2 other boats on the shore and walked on over. O the seas and seas of people there were. I think I saw all of maybe 1 mullet get tossed before we walked down the beach a ways to find a spot to lay out and sit down. Gracie and I laid out most of the day while the boys walked back and forth getting drinks and bringing them back to us, attempting to smoke cigars (GROSS) but the wind was blowing too much, and then swimming in the Gulf. It was a beautiful day and we had alot of fun (and got ALOT of sun)!!


Harper was waiting patiently for us back at the house. We took him for a swim at the house, which he enjoyed quite a bit! Can't wait for more fun weekends at the beach this summer!

No comments:
Post a Comment