Sunday, June 22, 2008

Ladies Tournament Weekend

We fished Ladies Tournament this past weekend. We left at 1AM Saturday morning and headed about 90 miles out (attempting to find pretty blue water). It was really not a successful fishing day AT ALL. We were chased by storms all day long, the water was ugly and dirty, NO fish or porpoises to be seen, and lots of grass on the hooks. Actually, we did have one knock-down and luckily I was up fishing at that time. However, after reeling a while we realized there was no fish, just weeds on the other end I was hauling in. We had a good time out there anyway, and spent most of the day eating (typically what we do on the boat when the fishing isn't good)! Natalie and Stephen, Rachel and Hollis, Ben and I, and Daddy all went. Momma stayed home to babysit Bennett and we missed them both!
.
We were also celebrating Father's Day this weekend, since we were ALL together. After the fishing day, we spent time in the new pool as much as possible. It is so nice to have it there, since the river water STILL has tons of jellyfish everywhere. We could have used some sunnier skies, but still a good relaxing weekend. I wish we could spend EVERY weekend at the beach in the summer!!! I didn't really take any pics until right before we left, so this is all I have.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

please send me those pics they are so very cute! (of bennett of course)

S, J, B, & S said...

So fun! Can't wait to take a dip in that pool in about 6ish weeks! :)

Libba said...

Thanks for including a picture of the pool. I was anxious to see it. I can't wait to see you guys this weekend. Love Aunt Elizabeth