Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Odds and Ends

2 weeks ago, Ben and I were on our way back from the beach and stopped by our good friend Matt Glass' house out in the country (Elsanor, Alabama). He was about to head back to Washington DC, but we got to visit for a short bit. They live on a farm and grow all kinds of veggies, and offered us some zucchini. I said sure, and these are what we ended up with!!! they are HUGE! We had no idea how to use them before they went bad, so I made 3 loaves of zucchini bread (YUM)! We do still have some left over... any ideas?

Ever since my best friend Katie's wedding (March 1) I have been planning on making her a scrapbook including all of her party invitations, pictures, etc. I kinda procrastinated a bit while collecting pictures and buying scrapbooking supplies. I finally got it going and completed her scrapbook this past weekend. I have to say I had grander visions of an incredible scrapbook (you know, like scrapbooking professionals do), but I am DEFINITELY a beginner. I think Katie and Jody liked it though. Now I think I'll use my remaining supplies to make one for myself?

This past weekend, Ben was in his good friend Garrett's wedding. They have been friends since little bitty childhood and then of course went to school together. Friday night their Rehearsal dinner was at 5 Rivers (I'm so mad i didn't take any pictures in front of the beautiful sunset). The wedding was Saturday afternoon and very beautiful (however, extremely HOT!). These are the ONLY pics I took of the whole weekend but I lifted this picture of the bride and groom from someone else's facebook album.

And lastly, my dreaded run-in with the law. This could be a long story (and maybe I should tell the whole story so I don't sound like such a criminal, but I'm kinda tired of telling the whole story). Saturday morning when Ben and I were headed across the bay to Mobile for the wedding festivities, I was pulled over by a state trooper (in an unmarked car, with 2 troopers inside, with clothes hanging in backseat so as to appear off duty, and that I didn't notice until I had pulled up right next to him). This happens to be my VERY FIRST time to EVER get pulled over for ANYTHING (I knocked on wood every time I said that so proudly, but my luck ran out).

.
1. I received a ticket for going 75 in a 65mph (I was probably going about 70, but how do you argue that?) not to mention the cop followed behind me (with me going 64 on cruise control) for over a mile before turning his blue lights on. I will be going to court in August to BEG the judge for driving school, or something to lessen the fine/sentence.
2. I also received a ticket for expired insurance (i have a company car, and my insurance was NOT expired, but Ben and I couldn't find the updated card in the glove compartment). I already went to the courthouse to turn in my updated insurance and get this cleared.
3. And finally a WARNING (but nearly a license SUSPENSION) for driving with a Restriction (Corrective lenses required) on my license, however I had LASIK eye surgery and do not wear contacts anymore (the Eye Dr. gave me a signed card saying I was legal to drive and NEVER told me that I had to go back to DMV and get my license changed). O yeah, and they wouldn't let me drive anymore and they questioned Ben about his corrective lenses too. Sooooo, I had the run around Monday going to DMV, getting sent to eye Dr to get my eyes rechecked and a form filed out, and going back to DMV tomorrow to get eyes checked AGAIN by them and take picture, pay AGAIN for new license, and should then have that cleared.
.
Let's just say that I balled crying for about 45 minutes after the incident, and didn't cheer up until I saw baby Bennett!!
.
So there was my fun Saturday... how was yours?

4 comments:

Natalie said...

better than yours was! but B was so happy to see you too!

Rachel Setzler said...

i am getting very upset with my sisters here. i didnt know about john and kate plus 8, nor did i know anything about said ticket nor did i get to hear anthing about the wedding. WHAT IS THIS ALL ABOUT!!!

The Dyess Family said...

Oh my goodness! You may not have to go to court if you just want to go to driving school. I got a ticket a little while back and I called and told them that I wanted to go to driving school. They told me who to call, i took the class, and then sent in the certificate. Maybe this will work for you also.

Anonymous said...

Erin!! Geeeezz what a picky cop! i have never even heard of them asking about all that stuff! Terrible first experience. I can say the Insurance thing, you can take it to the court and just show a copy of your current insurance and i am sure the eye thing too, and those charges will be dropped.

Hope your week gets better!

Good Luck!