Friday, August 15, 2008

New Entertainment

Well, the long drives and boring roads have finally gotten to me. As a drug rep, I drive alot, but with a territory the size of mine (all of Alabama up to Montgomery, the entire Florida panhandle, and the Mississippi coast), I drive RIDICULOUS amount of time. I already have 55,000 miles on my 1 year old company car...
.
So, after not too much time, I got SOO sick of radio stations. They all play the same songs over and over again and it gets VERY old. In January, I had a sort of revelation (that's a long story), but I was moved by something and became completely unsatisfied with pop radio. This day, through tears, I happened upon 88.5, Mobile's Christian Radio Station. It was exactly what I needed, I became hooked, inspired, and satisfied ever since.
.
However, this is only a Mobile radio station and it's hard to find others of its class, SO I turned to books on tape! It was been such an exciting new form of entertainment. I used to read alot, but definitely can't say I've read a book since my honeymoon when Ben and I both read The Ultimate Gift (I've been working on Twelve Extraordinary Women of the Bible since April or so, but am still on chapter 2 because I only read it when I'm at the beach, laying out, and run out of magazines to look at, which never happens).
.
So, I knew Ben's mom had alot and I asked if I could borrow her books on tape. WHAT A RELIEF (thank you, thank you, ms. lejean!)!!! Look at how many books I have "read" in the past few weeks!
.
1. A Bend in the Road by Nicholas Sparks
2. True Believer by Nicholas Sparks
3. Angels and Demons by Dan Brown
4. The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
5. Ava's Man by Rick Bragg
6. The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks
and next week I will start (and finish)


6. Deception Point by Dan Brown
I have already read this book a couple of years ago, but it's the last one I have on loan, so I'll listen to it!
.
Every one has of these books has been great and I am going to go "join" the library soon so that I can rent out some more! I highly recommend books on tape if you drive alot. It keeps me awake with intrigue (VERY important, since I STRUGGLE to stay awake in the early morning 3 hours drives I have) and exposes me to books I would never have the time to actually read and now get to enjoy them!
.

(new post below)

2 comments:

Jill said...

Clark and I used to listen to books on tape to help us survive the long drive between Auburn and Charleston. I think Cracker Barrell lets you buy a tape and trade it in for another when you are finished. Just something to check out when you run out of your MIL's collection!

Anonymous said...

Erin- I have read all of these, and my most recent one was "The Wedding". I read it on the way to Spain, and was literally crying on the plane. Hope you enjoy them!