In other news, I unfortunately came home to see something very upsetting in my backyard today. Harper has gone beyond the realm of chewing on things while we are at work during the day. Not just digging holes, chewing up plants, demolishing the hose into many different sections, and the extreme of shredding Ben grill cover into tiny pieces. He has now gone on to bigger and better things.... THE HOUSE! This is the piece of siding that frames the back door, which Harper so puppy-cute-like decided to chew on, and then rip as much off the house as he could...
This isn't just replaceable, small destruction anymore. This takes some major carpentry and expensive rare-find purchase to fix. Ben hasn't even gotten home yet to see it, but I know Harper will be in big trouble when he does see it. Harper just wagged his tail and smiled at me with his tongue wagging when I tried to get onto him for it... GRRRR... I'm so mad. But I leave you with some pictures of Harper in happier, and much cuter times, lately... Trying to climb through the loose board in the fence,
and playing at the farm in his camo life jacket..
**UPDATE**
So, after Ben got home, and Harper got in a bit of trouble, and the mess was cleaned up... Ben and I headed to PetSmart. It is obvious that Harper is getting bored while we are at work, so we HAD to find some new toys and things for him to play with in this puppy stage. He also needed some new shampoo, bowls, and YUCK STUFF (spray that repels him from chewing). So, this was the result from our trip... it appears as though Santa came early to Harper this year and he won't be visiting him in this capacity in a LONG time. But we will do whatever it takes to save the expense of fixing our HOUSE, over buying him some chew toys that should last us a good while. And this was a fantastic idea a PetSmart Dog Trainer gave us... it's a tire on a rope, hanging by a bungee cord from the tree in our backyard... and as you can see, Harper LOVES it!!! Let's hope this keeps him entertained for months and months to come!



6 comments:
Don't you love Ginger and Preston's new house? Also, I love your Fall decorations! Come do my house please!!!
happy symmetry! :)
Very lovely Fall Front Porch :)
the tire on the bungee cord looks promising
Your blog and porch look so festive!
natalie beat me to it, but i was gonna say HELLO that porch is the epitomy of YOU. symmetry out the wazoo. hope you can come this wekeend!
Post a Comment