Tuesday, March 29, 2011

activities galore

It was a busy week last week & looks to be about the same again this week.  

First of all, I am absolutely LOVING participating in my younger sister Rachel's wedding planning.  I have said many times that I would get married all over again (of course, to Ben again) because I enjoyed the planning process so much rather than stressed about it.  Going registry shopping (picture below), getting emails from her randomly with flower/invitation/band/jewelry/dress ideas just makes me giddy!  I ordered my bridesmaid (excuse me, matron of honor) dress last week & know that September will be here before we know it!  

Last Wednesday night, Ben & I had the Festival of Flowers Gala to go to.  While I don't like being notified about formal events at the last minute (although I'm kinda getting used to it), I DO enjoy getting dressed up & enjoying an evening with my handsome hubby.  

Thursday I babysat my precious nephew & niece (which I LOVE doing) before we gathered together as a family at my parent's house to celebrate my older sister Natalie's birthday!  

I have been missing my sweet college friends lately & try to plan a get together at least once a year.  When I received an invitation in the mail for my friend Kate's Wedding Shower on Saturday, I decided that it would be the perfect weekend to go visit them! 

me, Kate (getting married in June), & Caroline (who graciously had me stay at her house & entertained me all weekend)

After that we went to go see Molly! We toured her new house and then all went to lunch together at Chuy's (which I've heard about for years but now got to experience the yumminess myself)

I love that we can all pick up where we left off and that they all live in 1 place for me to visit them!  It was a wonderful weekend.  

I've been keeping myself very busy this week... with babysitting the babies yesterday, some volunteer work with my momma today, volunteering at a Fashion Show tomorrow, and then a fundraiser/party Thursday night! After such a busy week, I'll be looking forward to our weekend with absolutely NO plans (we'll see how long that lasts)! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

aw thanks for the shout out! love that my pretty china is sitting right there! :)
im also loving you as a brunette

Anonymous said...

thanks for helping make dragonflies at the Gardens. they turned out cute and i enjoyed your company!
y'all HAVE been doing alot, but sounds like alot of fun

Megan said...

I continue to LOVE you hair.

And it warms my heart that you made it to a Chuy's. Did you get the creamy jalepeno dip? If not, we'll make that happen someday. Ugh, so good.