Tuesday, March 22, 2011

cha-cha-cha-changes

I think I had some sort of quarter-life crisis last week.  It was really a wonderful week... with a gift certificate I got to go get a massage & facial and then I had a hair appointment on Friday.  The result of that appointment?  
I'M A BRUNETTE!
yeah, crazy huh?  Well if you really know me, you know that's pretty crazy.  I am not so much of a risk taker or full of the guts to pull off such a change.  I have been a blonde for the past 27 years.  I was so very proud of my naturally blonde hair and took pride in not highlighting it for so long. Then the cycle of blonde highlights began and felt like a battle... I obviously forgot what my hair looked like "naturally".... so I asked my hair lady to color my entire head the color of my roots & hair underneath.  and this was the result:
 I really do love it.  I think this is 1 shade darker than what my roots really were because it will fade a little bit & I didn't want it to look red.  I forget about it since I'm not looking at myself in the mirror all day but Ben keeps calling me "my little brunette" so I don't have a chance to forget I look different to everyone else.  

Saturday, Ben participated in the Red Cross' Gumbo cook-off with his coworkers.  I think that they had the absolutely best gumbo there, but still didn't win.  We had a great time in downtown Mobile anyway! 
 (picture from Ashley's camera)

The weather has really become so beautiful in the past week or so.  The Spring weather feels incredible & I can't wait to head to the beach.  Sunday, Ben & I were inside watching TV & he asked if I wanted to go play golf with him.  I have NEVER been to the golf course in my life, but I was craving the sun & Ben promised we would have a cart!  So along I went... and was apparently a good luck charm! Ben played the best 9 holes of gold he ever has!
Then we stopped by the driving range for me to try to hit the ball.  This was my first time hitting with a real golf club vs. putt putt.  Ben said I was doing pretty well.... but I honestly only hit the ball about half of the times I tried (I was scared to hit the club into the grass)
 It was a really fun afternoon.  

Then yesterday something big happened:  I quit Farmville.  "Oh brother" some of you may be saying.  But really, it was a big deal.  This silly little Facebook game that I started casually playing 2 Christmas' ago when I was kinda bored became so time consuming and obsessive.  My competitive nature was coming out & I just wanted to beat everyone else's scores.  My sister made fun of me & Ben hated it.  So, instead of giving up something for lent, I made Ben a promise that I would quit Farmville when I hit level 100.  I thought that may take a bit longer, but I'm so good (sarcasm, haha) I reached level 100 yesterday... and I quit the game cold turkey.  I feel FREEEEEE~ 
(in similar news, I quit Twitter in November, too.... these are big things b/c my husband has much disdain for all things computer/internet/social networking related... and yes, that includes this blog, but I'm not giving this up!).  

What free time it has given me! I 've already cleaned out my dresser and have started on my closet, AND have cooked dinner the past 2 nights (tonight's dinner is in the crock pot right now).  So I'm feeling a bit of a changed woman lately & I think it's all for the better! 

15 comments:

Mary Noller said...

LOVE the hair change!!!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE allllll the changes ;)
though now i dont have something to harass you about...
you look quite sassy as a brunette, it really makes you "POP".

Margaret said...

I love your hair Erin! You look beautiful!!

Kelly said...

Well just look at you go!

I really do love the hair, and how you made sure to do a really professional before-and-after shot! I appreciate such. :)

Shannon said...

Rachel said what I was going to say...your eyes are so bright! Love it:)

I did the same thing and (eventually) went back to blond. But, mainly cause I had so much gray hair!

Lauren said...

I L.O.V.E. it!!! Your face looks so much warmer. I'm partial to brunettes myself, but I must say, the new color on you is delicious.

The Walker Family said...

Love your hair! It looks great!
Also, great golf pictures! I'm jealous! So fun! Have a great rest of the week.

Megan said...

E you look GREAT in all your pictures! The hair is so much fun. Love it!

Sheryl said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your hair!!!! I quit Farmville a LONG time ago. I think we started about the same time. I was spending way to much time on the computer and not enough doing the things I SHOULD be doing. I do however still twitter just not as much!!!

Natalie said...

The hair is such an amazing change! You're gorgeous either way of course :) live this post and all you packed into it. Live you sis! These changes are all so great. Very inspiring

Lacey said...

I love it-it looks really great!!

courtney said...

Love your hair!!!

I had a similar experience with farmville but I forced myself to quit after about 6 months when I was noticing how stressed I would get when I couldn't get home from work fast enough to harvest my crops haha!

Libba said...

You are beautiful as a brunette...so glad you did not give up blogging~my best way to stay connected to all of you. Hope Rachel will start one :-) since I am not a big Facebook person. Love you, Aunt Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

your natural hair color is beautiful! Eyes are popping and looks good with your skin. I am really surprised you did it, but glad you did :)
Changes are refreshing sometimes, and yours were definitely some good ones!

Anonymous said...

love the hair. You are beautiful no matter what color!!