Friday, March 11, 2011

Charleston Revisited

I think it's time for a long overdue recap of an extended weekend spent in Charleston, SC last month.  Ben's great friend, fraternity brother, & groomsman Matt was getting married February 19th & as soon as we heard it would be a Charleston destination weekend we were excited & eager to go again.  (my cousin's wedding was there in Sept '09 & I went also in Feb '09 for a bachelorette party).  

We arrived early Thursday morning to our very cool hotel the Ansonborough Inn.  
Huge ceilings w/ beams in our room
Very cool open lobby up the 3 floors
After lunch (which of course included Fish Tacos & Friend Green Tomatoes... Charleston staples), we went for a LONG walk all around town... 
From the Market
to the waterfront
to the beautiful brick streets and houses
Rainbow Row
A stop for butter pecan gelato.... mmmmm
That night we all went to dinner at a delicious nice restaurant named High Cotton.... Since we were the only ones in town early, it was just me & 5 guys :)
Friday was a lot more relaxing...
Our hotel had a rooftop terrace where everyone gathered before the Rehearsal Dinner... 
after the Rehearsal Dinner
Saturday was absolutely beautiful!  
We ate lunch on the water & shopped down King Street
Then it was wedding time! The service & reception were both at the William Aiken House & were perfect.... the weather was fantastic & the bride & groom were beaming!
This picture was exposed weird so I made it sepia & it looks kinda cool!
Ben & Matt
My love & I
I watched YouTube videos to learn how to tie a bow tie & did Ben's tie for the wedding! (we matched & it wasn't even on purpose)
Best Wishes to the Newlyweds!
We had a fantastic time & absolutely love every chance we have to go back to Charleston & on fun adventures.  

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great, Erin! Love the Charleston Revisited post...many new faces of Charleston. Love the looks of that hotel, Ansonborough Inn. The room and the lobby pic, gorgeous. Yum! The restaurant, Coast, is awesome. The bride and groom, a lovely pair as were you and Ben. Sounds like a fun time!

Anonymous said...

lets move there!!!

Megan said...

D and I were just talking about how fun it would be to visit Charleston! Love it! Between you and me we take the best vacations - I always want to go to places after you've been!

And your dress for the wedding was SO CUTE!

Kelly said...

Girl, you have such a fun life!


Kelly

courtney said...

Looks like fun! I have never been to Charleston and I really want to go!

Libba said...

Love the Ansonborough Inn...stayed there on one of our trips to Charleston during wedding planning. Still love Charleston, can't wait to go back. Love Aunt Elizabeth

Kelley Brown said...

These are such great pictures! And they definitely made me want to be in Charleston right now. :)

Thanks for your sweet comment...the tutu was a gift but I'm pretty sure the tag said Babies R Us. Hope you're doing well!

Lauren said...

Beautiful pictures. Just like a professional! I love your dress from the wedding!