Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Em-Bop

Sunday was a very special day!  My nearly 7 month old niece, Emory Ruth, was Baptized before our whole family, the Dauphin Way Church family, and God.  

I am so incredibly proud of the family my older sister has created & so happy to be a part of their lives.  

After church, Natalie through a luncheon for the family back at her house.  I was blown away at how incredibly beautiful the lunch table was decorated.  With all the fine china, silver, crystal, flowers, lanterns, & personalization.... it was PERFECT!

Everyone gobbled up the Corn dip & Italian dip appetizers I made, while Natalie and my mom prepared our delicious lunch of shrimp & grits!  

The cupcakes & cake pops were made by BitterSweets Cupcakery, a baker I discovered through my friend Kristi the week of the Baptism & I recommended her to my sister.  The butter cream & red velvet were SO delicious! 

All of them family was there (minus Hollis) & so in love with sweet beautiful Emory.

It's quite the difficult task to get a picture with both the kiddos! 
 photo courtesy of Natalie

The precious babe napped through the majority of the day honoring her.... 
 ... as did Ben & I after we got home and watched the Masters.  

Date night for sushi with hubby, yard work, laying pine straw, more sushi with friends, and a movie rounded out our wonderful weekend!   

and just as I did with Bennett's Baptism post, I leave you with this prayer for Emory:


'Lord, surround this child with goodness,
lead her in your light each day;
Help her walk the path You've chosen,
guide her steps along the way...
Teach her, Lord, to trust your wisdom with a faith from up above;
Keep her from all harm,
and bless her always with your grace and love'

6 comments:

Shannon said...

That table is gorgeous! It looks to be straight out of a magazine...adorable baby, of course! Nice:)

Natalie said...

my babies are so lucky to have their aunie! and big un of course.

love you sis

Anonymous said...

lovely! :) mmmmmm sushi...

Margaret said...

What a sweet aunt. That luncheon really should be in a magazine.

Anonymous said...

That last picture of Emory is so sweet, as is the prayer.

The Walker Family said...

I know you're such a special Aunt. They're lucky to have you, too!