Tuesday, December 20, 2011

need recipes?

As I mentioned before, I am loving finding new recipes on Pinterest these days.  We also just had a new Publix open up right next to our house, so now I feel like there is absolutely no excuse not to go grocery and cook delicious meals every night.  The past several weeks I have made week night meal lists and bought ingredients for other goodies (like appetizers on the weekends and breakfast items).  Now rather than printing out my recipes, I can just pull up the Pinterest app on my iPhone and cook straight from looking at my phone.  

I made a variation of these Breakfast Quiche Cups to have premade for breakfast for the week.  All you have to do is pop them in the microwave for about a minute and head out the door with breakfast in hand (am I the only person who ALWAYS eats my breakfast in the car? I mean, ALWAYS).  I included the spinach, onion, red bell pepper, mushrooms, and cheese! Delicious.  
Appetizers:  These Sausage Balls were a huge hit with the boys at the Farm one weekend... 4 ingredients, couldn't be any easier!  Who doesn't love Jalapeno Poppers (well except for people who don't like jalapenos)?  Well this was a great variation I made for a family dinner appetizer which was a hit; Jalapeno Popper Dip.  We had ingredients to make regular ole Queso dip (Rotel tomatoes & Velveeta cheese block) for a football game one weekend & Ben decided to vamp it up a little bit by adding black beans and cilantro... YUM
I found this Chile Rellenos Casserole recipe and it just sounded like good yummy comfort food.  I substituted the beef for ground turkey since that's what we use instead of beef most of the time.  It was phenomenal, but I have a warning for you: if your husband has an aversion to having an egg included in the ingredients of his dinner food, don't serve it to your husband.  Lesson learned, just meant more leftovers for me!  
Soups:  We love soups here at this house.  Both because we love 1-dish meals and because they are so easy to make in the crockpot, like all 3 of these soups were made!  This Chicken & Wild Rice Soup was great and I was shocked at how great this Jambalaya turned out, although I would definitely classify it as Gumbo without a roux and is definitely worth it to make considering the taste you get without the time it normally takes to make Gumbo.  Our most recent try was this Potato Soup that did not disappoint and we paired it with an awesome salad and have been enjoying the leftovers ever since.  
So I hope I inspired you to cook something new, try out one of these recipes, or at least look around at Pinterest for some new ideas!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Will def have to try these soon!

Anonymous said...

these ALL sound delicious! want to try some this winter!

Rachel Anderson said...

Yay! Looks delicious and glad you are cooking again :)

Libba said...

I must get into pintrest...all of these recipes sound so good.