Thanksgiving was wonderful; isn't it always? Even when nothing is asked of me, I still like to contribute something to the spread! This year, I made 2 pecan pies: Regular & Chocolate. One turned out much prettier than the other but they both tasted divine!
When we were on our way back from our weekend trip in Atlanta, we picked up Ben's grandmother and brought her home for the next week for Thanksgiving. She cooked some delicious food and we loved spending time with her. We have Thursday lunch at Ben's parents house with everyone.
Grandmother with all her Kennemer grandkids:
Ms. Leigh
Cool Polaroid pictures from the day with Ben's family
Later that afternoon, we met up with my family and had the annual Steelwood Thanksgiving golf cart ride! The Roe Fam
Back at our house later that night, Ben fried 2 turkeys to have for the weekend and Rachel & Hollis came over to visit for a while! Fried turkey is the best way to have it, so moist and flavorful!
Love these newlyweds!
We spent the weekend relaxing at the Farm with Ben's siblings, and watched the IRON BOWL on Saturday! I was vastly outnumbered with all the Alabama fans in Ben's family, including Leigh whose favorite phrase is apparently "Roll Tide, Boo Auburn." I tried to get her to say "War Eagle" but was reprimanded for the brainwashing attempt. :) Oh well, I still cheered for my Tigers with the only paraphernalia I had with me!
We had "thanksgiving" lunch with my family at my parents house on Sunday before Rachel & Hollis had to go back to Houston. The holiday kinda snuck up on us and went by quickly but was spent with those we love most and are extremely Thankful for all the wonderful Blessings in our lives. :)
We had "thanksgiving" lunch with my family at my parents house on Sunday before Rachel & Hollis had to go back to Houston. The holiday kinda snuck up on us and went by quickly but was spent with those we love most and are extremely Thankful for all the wonderful Blessings in our lives. :)








2 comments:
love the pics!
you make a delicious pecan pie!
Post a Comment