Monday, July 16, 2012

since the 4th of July

We had a great time at the beach for the 4th of July.  We went to Ben's beach house Tuesday night through Thursday afternoon.  Ben's grandmother came in town to spend the Holiday with us and the rest of the whole family was there, too!  Tuesday and Wednesday night we shot off our own fireworks!  They were a pretty awesome show:  
We played with massive sparklers and I figured out how to photograph them, but by that time I didn't want to light anymore to spell something with them... which would have been cool
Ms. Leigh
Thursday night Ben left to go fishing with some clients through Friday so I went down to my beach house with my sister and her whole family.  We woke up to a very rainy day on Friday so Natalie and I took her 3 babies to the Pensacola Naval Aviation Museum and it was great (and apparently the same idea everyone else had in the area that day).  I can't wait to take Wells back one day to see all the "air-panes".  
Ben had a successful day fishing and I got to meet him at the dock and see their catch
The rest of the weekend was successful in the relaxation department as well, with 2 different couples visiting us and hanging out Friday night and all day Saturday
I hope that all of you had a wonderful 4th of July celebration!
Last Monday I was 36 weeks and I'm feeling large and in charge!  Sleeping is slightly difficult, some maternity clothes aren't even fitting me anymore, I don't see how he could drop any lower, I have almost finished my 2nd bottle of Tums (I had never bought Tums before this pregnancy), and Ben actually answers the phone every time I call him becuase he thinks maybe I'm calling with news.  
We had a Dr appt last Thursday morning and my tummy was measuring 38 weeks instead of 36, his heart rate was hovering around 155 bpm, and I am 70% effaced!  I was hoping I would be dilated some but I will be patient and take that effacement as progression and wait for my next appointment (Wednesday) to check and see how things are doing then.  I am 37 weeks TODAY... and that means= FULL TERM! :)  What a blessing... really.  

It is a little premature, since I am definitely still pregnant and could potentially have 2 more photos to add to this collage (38 and 40 weeks) but I'm hoping this is close to complete!  I think that several of these pictures are pretty misleading and not so accurate of size comparison, but you get the idea of the growth of my little man in my growing belly!  
We almost completely finished the nursery this past weekend and I can't wait to add the finishing touches and then give you all a photo tour! :)  

6 comments:

Natalie said...

Great pics! :) can't believe he is coming so soon!

Unknown said...

"large and in charge" made me laugh out loud! You are doing so great, esp. in these brutal summer months! Sweet Wells will be here in a blink...we can't wait :)

Anonymous said...

love the tummy collage! now that he is full term, we (im)patiently await! Can't wait

Rachel Anderson said...

so close!!

Margaret said...

Yay! You are almost there!! I know you can't wait to hold sweet Wells! I can't wait to see the nursery!!

Libba said...

You look great! Hope you will post nursery pictures soon since I can not get down to see it. Love you and look forward to getting a phone call when the little man gets here.