Well my crazy week didn't end after Disney! Friday morning, I awoke at 4:15 AM, got ready, was picked up, and caught a flight to Charleston, SC with Amy and her sisters for her Bachelorette Party! I got a little bit of sleep in on the plane but definitely not enough to make up for all the sleep I had lost recently! I had never been to Charleston before, but it is such a beautiful city with so many wonderful shops, restaurants, bars, and sights! It was great meeting all of Amy's friends and we had so much fun eating great food and going out to the bars celebrating Amy's last few weeks before marriage! :)
.
this is kinda a long story, but one of Amy's friends bought this harpoon at this store... what an adventure we had!

with the Bride and her sister Elise

all the girls after dinner on night 1

all the girls on Night 2

I had an early flight out on Sunday morning, so I was planning on heading in early from the bar Saturday night. A little before midnight my parents called from the Atlanta airport where they were headed home from Las Vegas to inform me that all of our flights on Sunday were CANCELLED due to the snow storm in Atlanta!!! A very long story short, I went back to the hotel in a cab by myself, spent over 2 hours on the phone w/ Delta, got on the ONLY POSSIBLE flight home on Sunday (through Continental, from Charleston to Houston, Houston to Mobile), and took a 30 minute NAP (due to the rest of the girls coming in from the night at varying times from 2-4AM) before I had to get up at 4AM and catch a shuttle to the airport for my 6AM flight home! I apparently don't function very well on 30 minutes of sleep because I felt sick to my stomach and had 2 breakfasts (1 in Charleston, 1 in Houston), but I was SOO glad to be home around 11:30AM and picked up in Mobile by my sweet hubby! (Amy and her sisters ended up having to rent a car and drive home,, poor things, which i know must have been miserable... so while everyone is posting on their blogs how much they LOVED their inches of snow, it really destroyed our Sunday travel plans... haha).
.
I slept ALL afternoon, and still feel like I am catching up on sleep from all my crazy travels and events lately. Now it's back home and time to find a JOB for me! I feel completely off the planet lately and out of touch. Now I am all caught up on blogging, though!
No comments:
Post a Comment