This past weekend, Ben was headed to Destin for his brother Will's Bachelor party, and late Thursday night Ben suggested that I go to Birmingham and see my friends who I have been dying to see lately, rather than sit at home and be bored. PERFECT IDEA!! Luckily, Molly and Caroline were actually going to be in town and available, atleast most of the weekend, and invited me with open arms to come up and stay with them and play! Since I was supposed to be keeping Harper for the weekend, he headed to B'ham with me!
I was staying at Caroline's house all weekend so I dropped off Harper there where he pretty much lived in his kennel all weekend (thank u again Caroline for letting me bring him)! Friday night, Molly and I headed to Pablo's to have a yummy Mexican dinner and Margaritas (or Mojitos in my case) and Caroline met up with us as soon as she got done w/ a work event)! After dinner we headed out to a bar called Billy's and caught the tail end of the Auburn Basketball game (they won! YAY!) and saw a bunch of friends from college! 
Saturday morning, both Molly and Caroline had to work for a while, so I called up my precious friend Morgan Leigh (who used to work for Accentia with me, but in the Birmingham territory, and also got laid off with me) and headed over to her house with Harper in tow so that we could visit and our puppies could play! She has a cute tiny teacup Yorkie puppy named Winston who is a mere 5pounds or so. At first, Harper kinda ignored him, but then decided he was a fun play toy... it was scary seeing the 2 of them together... Harper had about half of Winston in his mouth a few too many times for my comfort... and the experience taught me that Ben and I definitely can't get a dog that small... haha 
I met up with Caroline for lunch at the restaurant Molly works at called Olexa's, and had a fabulous piece of wedding cake for dessert! YUM! Then we drove around Mountain Brook looking at all the pretty houses, scenery, and incredible architecture. I have to say I LOVE the architecture up there! i mean, they just don't build houses that look like that down here in Mobile. Anyway, that night, Caroline went to a wedding and Molly and I had a 'date' at PF Changs and then went to Open Door. Some friends met us at the bar later on, and after the wedding reception Caroline came as well! I was sad to see the quick weekend coming to an end. After lunch on Sunday, Harper and I had to hit the road (Harper rode shotgun), and made it back home safely to my sweet hubby!
I had such a fun weekend with my sweet friends, and it had been way entirely too long since we had seen each other. Luckily these are two of my TRUE precious friends, who know me up and down, and it doesn't matter how long we are apart, it's like we never missed a beat, and it was just yesterday we were all 3 together in college and inseparable all together. Lucky for them, they keep up with me on the blog, so they knew what I had been doing since I saw them last, but I spent alot of time catching up on their lives and was so glad to finally get to do that. Molly and Caroline, I love y'all dearly and thank y'all for letting me come visit this past weekend! I had such a wonderful time and refuse to let that amount of time go by before we get together again!!
9 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment