Thursday, April 2, 2009

Dear Beloved Kennel

You served us well for about a year now,
Harper loved you dearly and slept in you every night,
we never intended to let you go,
but Ben accidentally left the tailgate of his truck open,
and you disappeared from our lives forever.
.
We don't know where you are now,
we retraced our drive and didn't find you on the side of the road,
not in one piece, and not in little pieces,
we hope you didn't get hit by a car or cause  a wreck,
we are assuming someone picked you up and gave you a new home.
.
Either way, we are just glad Harper wasn't inside you when you went sliding out the back of the truck and into the road. 
.
Harper did enjoy his adventure sleeping in our shower that night though, until we could go to PetSmart and buy your identical twin.
  
.
We will miss you, and wish you well.
Love, Erin, Ben, and your past inhabitant Harper

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! I am cracking up! So glad Harper didn't get to go for the ride:)

Leigh said...

Hey Erin!
I am so glad you found me! I am very new at this blogging thing... as in I am not very high-tech and I have not really oriented myself with the blogging world (haha I still don't know how to add friends! but I am learning!) Anyway, Glad you and Ben are doing well! And your blog is so fun - I will def have to keep up with it!
love, leigh

Jill said...

Thats so great!! I am glad Harper wasn't in it when it went rolling down the road too. So smart to put him in the shower :)

kate said...

haha that is hysterical. miss you much! we need to catch up soon!

La said...

Glad Harper and his NEW home are safe!:-) La