Friday, November 5, 2010

Bedroom: Complete

It's weird to admit that it took Ben's encouraging me to kick start us completing our bedroom bedding, etc after being married & living in our house for almost 3 years.  We had drapes & some pillows that I liked but we didn't have matching comforter, bedskirt, or any of that all together matching.

This is the BEFORE picture 
(the stark white just didn't 'go' at all & the matelasee wasn't very comfy or warm):
Easter 001

One day Ben & I were browsing through Pottery Barn & spotted a sample bed that we just LOVED.  If I had been on my own I would have admired it but just kept on walking.  Ben was apparently in a great mood that day & said we could get it, and so the Comforter, Douvet Cover, & 2 pillow shams were ours!

Luckily it matched the drapes & Euro Shams we already had perfectly!!!  All I had to do was get a new bolster pillow made & a bed skirt!
DSC_0147

The only thing I am still looking for are some new, bigger, prettier (non-Target) lamps!
DSC_0150

I absolutely LOVE my monogrammed bolster pillow.  It makes my bed feel so custom & tied together. It was very easy to buy the plain piece of fabric & take it to the local monogram shop to get done before having the pillow made.  
(See my sister's recent design post on Monogrammed bedding here).
DSC_0151

It was also a fun touch to get the same trim on my bolster pillow attached to the bottom of a simple cream pleated Pottery Barn bedskirt to add some interest & break up the monotony of the cream color blending with the carpet.  It's in the details!
DSC_0153

This bedding is SO comfy, and I actually make my bed more now that it looks so much better when it's done (and it makes me happier knowing that Ben helped me pick it out)!

10 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh my I LOVE the makeover! Those colors are gorgeous, and I officially have to have a monogrammed bolster pillow. Period. I'm going to have to tell Britt the story of how nice Ben is being.... :)

Natalie said...

Soooo purdy sista

Courtney at SL's No Ennui said...

Nice touch with the bedskirt trim :)
I have been eyeing that same pleated skirt in white!

Baby Payne said...

It looks great. So funny how a few relatively simple changes can make a room look fabulous!

Margaret said...

Love it all! Esp the bolster! Beautiful bedroom!

Amy, queen of the world. said...

I love it! Now come do mine!!

Anonymous said...

pretty pretty

Lauren said...

It looks fabulous! I love a "finished" room! Now I need you to come to my house to finish all of my rooms. Why do we let stuff sit unfinished for so long?

Anonymous said...

WOW! I've seen it all in person, but the picture does it justice. Looks very nice and all put together.

Anonymous said...

love IT!! I love seeing before and after pics. It really is sooo pretty!