Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Seaside 2010

This past weekend was the Setzler family vacation for the year that we’ve had planned for months and months.  Two years ago we went down to Seaside, FL for the Seeing Red Wine Festival.  It was such a fun weekend; renting a house, drinking wine, cooking dinners at the rental house, & being in such a beautiful quaint town… that we decided to do it again!  This year Stephen’s parents & brother joined us, too. 

            We all made it down to the house Friday afternoon/evening for a big dinner with many different wines & were just glad to all finally be together and on VACATION!…

Emory's bath
DSC_0205
Bennett LOVED the old school puzzles this weekend
DSC_0209
Nat & Hollis
DSC_0211
we only took about 15 pics & 14 were goofy.... 
DSC_0216
Ben & I
DSC_0224
Then we walked to the local bar, Bud & Alley’s, for a nightcap….
DSC_0228
DSC_0229
DSC_0232
DSC_0235
DSC_0236
DSC_0237
Saturday morning we awoke to a beautiful sunshiney (and chilly) day. 
We ate lunch overlooking the water at Bud & Alley’s Restaurant before the Festival started at 1:00pm…
DSC_0239
and trust me when I say that their sweet potato fries are DELICIOUS!
DSC_0246
DSC_0272
DSC_0273
DSC_0260
Bennett was such a trooper & either walked along with us, rode in his stroller, danced to the music or otherwise somehow got entertained throughout the day...
DSC_0251
DSC_0253
DSC_0256
DSC_0267
Emory pretty much stayed asleep in the 2nd level of the stroller or on our pallet all day….
DSC_0271
DSC_0252
Saturday night we all enjoyed an incredible dinner at the house as we unwound (and watched football of course).
DSC_0284
The room where Ben & I stayed in the house was the only room on the 3rd floor & pretty much like a “bird’s nest” room with it’s own porch…. All of the walls were windows & the curtains barely closed so we awoke to the sunrise every morning (daylight savings time was Sunday so it was a bit earlier than normal)…
DSC_0289
This was the view out our porch sunday morning…..
DSC_0288
DSC_0287
DSC_0286
So it was difficult to leave, but with a big wonderful breakfast in our tummies we left Seaside and the wonderful Wine Festival of 2010 behind us.  We can’t wait to do it again!  

6 comments:

Natalie said...

Hahahaha THERE are those sweet potato fries! :) great post! The first pics aren't working, but I'm not so sure I want to see that pic of me and hollis...if its anything like the silly one on my camera ;) love you ee!

Anonymous said...

I want to see the pic of you and hollis, nat!...can't wait to see the rest of the pics. The weekend was loads of fun! XOXO!!

Katie Crane said...

Love the pictures I can see. My favorite is of B kicked backed with the sunglasses! We miss yall!

Anonymous said...

looks like a wonderful fun trip!!

courtney said...

Red Wine festival seems like a blast! But then again I love any kind of wine festival :) Cute pictures!

Kelly said...

Oh my goodness I'm so jealous....I LOVE Seaside. So fun and cute. And where did you get that floral scarf?? Too adorable!