Thursday, May 5, 2011

Mullet Toss 2K11

This may be the longest running tradition we have so far.  At least on my blog this is the only thing that I have had the "4th annual" celebration of (other than national holidays of course)... MULLET TOSS!  As I have said in past blog posts, this is something that I never participated in when I was younger and now it has become something we look forward to every year.  Who knows how much longer this will continue (however, we did see a couple carrying their baby in a Baby Bjorn on the beach, so anything is possible, haha).
(Mullet Toss posts: 2008, 2009, 2010)

Sidenote: Watch this amazing documentary if you want to know the awesomeness that is Mullet Toss:

We knew last year that Register & Gracie wouldn't be able to come (so sad) because they got married 2 weeks ago (so happy), but Austin & Steph, Katie & Jody joined us once again!  Friday night we all met at COBALT for dinner:

Saturday was Mullet Toss day.  We hit the beach for the entire day, once again, not even participating in the actual FloraBama/tossing mullets part of the day.  Just the sun and people watching!  I enjoyed my SkinnyGirl Margaritas that I bought in Jacksonville.  

This year would definitely be classified as more laid back than years past.  Partially because we weren't down there for as long and the other part was because we wanted it to be a little more calm.  Either way, I'm so glad we have been at the beach so much lately and hope to avoid getting sunburned anymore this summer!   

3 comments:

Megan said...

Ah, the beach! Such cute swimsuits and y'all are so fun!

Love me some Skinnygirl margs!

Anonymous said...

katie b- i like your swimsuit top!!

Lacey said...

I want to try skinny girl margs!! loove mullet toss :)