This Sunday, aside from being a beautiful MOTHER'S DAY, was a very special day for Ben and I. We officially joined Dauphin Way United Methodist Church! This is the church Ben grew up in, while I grew up at St. Paul's Episcopal Church (which is where we got married too). When getting married, it is, of course, tough to meld two sets of beliefs and ideas together where both of you feel complete and happy and fulfilled individually and together as a couple at your place of worship. Ben and I haven't ever worried about this step, though.
It was completely natural to get married at my church, the place where I was baptised, confirmed, went to school, and was raised. However, after visiting with Ben and his family, and after Natalie and Stephen visited and eventually joined Dauphin Way, I felt a strong bond with the church. I was excited and motivated to go to church every Sunday morning.
There are enough similarities between the Episcopal and Methodist denominations that I don't feel like I'm in a foreign country there... however there are so many things I love about the Methodist church. We participated in a "class" called Dauphin Way 101 before we joined, in order to learn about the church, all different denominations, and the body of Christ (The Faith Triangle: his Word, his Spirit, and his People). This class renewed my love and desire for a bible study type form of learning and worship, and has renewed my desire for a stronger realtionship with the Lord and Christian life.
.
We look forward to growing individually and together as a couple at OUR new church....starting with my new nephew, Bennett, being Baptised there this Sunday. We can't wait!






2 comments:
How special! We were so happy to share this with you last Sunday and look forward to sharing this upcoming Sunday there as well! :) Love you!
Erin,
That is such a wonderful thing, and what a great way to start off your marriage! i am so glad you found me on this blog thing! This is all new to me! You look beautiful! i am so happy for you!
Love,
jenny
Post a Comment