Sunday, September 21, 2008

Shootin' Skeet

Friday night, Ben, Matt Glass (a great friend from AU who was home from DC for the weekend), Harper, and I went up to the Farm. Saturday morning the boys went out and drove around the property, doing "boy things," while I watched ESPN Gameday, did my work reports, and finished reading a book. 30 minutes into the Alabama vs. Arkansas game I called Ben because I was surprised he hadn't come back to the house yet to watch the game. He informed me that it was because they got his truck stuck/sunk in the mud and it took them about 2 hours to get it out. I obviously was of no help in that situation, so they didn't call. I wish I had a picture to show you, but the evidence on Ben's truck showed the extent that they were stuck.
.
After they got back and we watched some of the bama game, we went into town for some lunch at this ole country restaurant called Jake's. When we got back to the farm we went and shot skeet. I had only shot skeet once before at a nice place that had machines that flung out the skeet. We did it manually with some special skeet shooter, and I have to say that I was a horrible shot. Even when Ben propped up a disk for me to do a practice shoot on the ground, I missed by a long shot. So I sat on the truck and watched the boys play. Harper got to go out and fetch his dummy in the lake, which he LOVED! My only complaint was that the love bugs were EVERYWHERE!!! I mean, I've always remembered love bug season being miserable for your car, but I've never seen them flying around in your backyard, etc SO much. I'm ready for this "season" to be over!
.
Later in the afternoon, we decided to head back and to get home in time for the AUBURN Game. My parents came by on their way back from the beach and we cooked hamburgers for dinner, had some good wine, and watched the ever so exciting game together. I hated that Auburn couldn't pull it out in the end but they definitely played a good game. Harper supports the RIGHT team, much to his daddy's dismay! :)
.
This morning we went to our Sunday School class again. It's really interesting to talk with so many other new couples and get different perspectives on how relationships work and WHAT makes them work, or fail for that matter. Each week, Ben and I take new tips and thoughts from the lesson and start to use them as we interact throughout the next week (last week we constantly referred to which love language was being used at the time). Right now, the discussion is this: Each of you has a LOVE TANK, and you want to keep it full. Your husband/wife has the power to fill your love tank with positive ways and words, or deplete your love tank with their negative actions or words. The goal is to work your hardest to keep your mate's love tank full at all times...this leads to a longer and happier relationship!.
.
After church, we went over to Ben's parent's house for a yummy lunch. Adam was in town from school, so it was great visiting with him too, before he had to go back up to Tuscaloosa. We left their house with WAY more food than needed, leftovers from lunch, in addition to tons of yummy desserts they insisted we take (but i DON'T need to eat)! We're so lucky to have such wonderful families to visit with like this (most usually centered around meals! haha) and enjoy our summers at beach houses and falls at hunting camps/farms. We're looking forward to many more fun and relaxing weekends!

2 comments:

e said...

Ok Harper in Camo is hysterical!

Rachel Setzler said...

im texting you right now..haha ha