Well, I knew I hadn't posted in a while, but I didn't realize it had been THIS long!!! Once again, when I don't take many pictures, I don't post very much. But here's a run down of what we have been up to the past few weeks!
.
Weekend of December 5-7: We headed up to Atlanta with the Kennemers to go to the SEC Championship Game. Friday night we had dinner at Buckhead Diner and then met a bunch of friends at a few different bars. It was so good to see a bunch of friends that we hadn't seen in a while, but I was definitely rusty on staying out really late at bars... haha, i know sounds pathetic, but we really hadn't been "out" in a while. We had a great time, then were all ready for the game on Saturday! We had incredible seats with the Kennemer fam on about the 45 yard line, 10 rows up, so it was a fun game! Everyone that I was with was very upset about the outcome, but I think they still have a good enough claim-to-fame successful kind of year! haha
The next week: I had 2 phone interviews and filled out/passed a Personality Test for a pharmaceutical company. I was pretty excited about the opportunity and very glad/nervous when I was asked to FLY to Tampa, FL the next week for an in-person interview with the District and Regional Managers. SO, that entire week was spent getting my "brag book," resume, and MIND ready for a tough interview. Luckily, I had a short distraction when this little guy and his mommy stopped by my house for lunch and a visit!!! He enjoyed playing with the fake fruits from the bowl on my coffee table! 
Saturday December, 13: Ben and I stayed in town this weekend (first time in a while) because a friend was getting married Saturday night. During the day we did the FIRST bit of our Christmas shopping. Time kept flying by and we finally realized that we kinda needed to hurry up and buy some gifts! Luckily we live right by a huge mall and got most of our shopping done. That night we went to Jennifer and Partlow's wedding! Jenn is from Montgomery but grew up in Fairhope and her wedding was here, with the reception at the Grand Hotel. Everything was beautiful and it was so fun seeing a bunch of my pledge sisters and Ben saw a bunch of his fraternity bothers, too. I forgot how much I loved the concept of getting married at Christmas time... Natalie did too and the decor is always so festive and pretty! (lights, trees, greenery, white flowers, beautiful!)... got all dressed up, but sadly didn't take any pictures!
.
Monday, December 15: Today was the whirlwind day that I flew to Tampa at 8:30AM, ate lunch in the airport, studied/prepared, had my interview at 2:30PM, flew back home at 5:45PM, and got a phone call at 7:15PM while I was almost home, letting me know that I didn't get the job. Talk about a quit answer... of course I cried, felt rejected, and sad... but in the end, I DID have doubts about this job and wasn't sure how bad I wanted it (for lots of reasons I won't get into), so I think that everything happened for a reason. The right job will come along... I know it will... EVERYTHING happens for a reason...because throughout the next week, I was contacted by 6 new companies that want to interview me for positions coming available in January. HALLELUJAH!!!
.
This past Friday: We had the SANTA CLAUS SOCIETY (SCS) Ball Friday night. This is the first year Ben has been a member (it's like a pre-mardi-gras society that young men join) and we had a really good time. All the guys dress up like Santa Claus, and the girls wear formal dresses (which meant I had to go find a new dress on Friday because I didn't have anything to wear!). Ben refused to let me take a picture of him in the suit by himself (he claimed it was because he knew the only reason I wanted to take it was to put it on the blog... no way, not true, I just wanted to document the occasion!)
Saturday morning: We headed up to the Farm to hunt and relax! Will, Amy, Adam, and Will's friend Pratt were up there too... which brought the dog total to 5 (Harper being the ONLY Boy!!!)!!! Harper definitely had a fun time running around, swimming, and fetching with the ladies: Lily, Beezley, LuLu, and Elle. Ben and I went hunting in a tree stand, but didn't see any deer until it was so dark we barely knew they were there. Then Will and Amy pretty much single handedly cooked dinner for all of us: chickens on the grill, butter beans, macaroni & cheese, bread, and wine! We had a great time (do I say that too much? well, i generally enjoy everything i do. haha!)



2 comments:
YAY! Enjoyed the update! Busy Busy...looking forward to being with yall later in the week :) XOXOXO
it's about time! wish i could see what your whole dress looked like. guess you'll have to wear it to nutcracker :)
Post a Comment