Wednesday, January 7, 2009

N.O.L.A trip

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
New Years Day, Ben and I packed up and headed to New Orleans for a few days to go to the Sugar Bowl and shop, of course, with Ben's Family. We arrived late in the afternoon and after checking into the hotel, we went straight to Bourbon Street, which is always interesting. We met up with Ben's parents at Pat O'Briens and had a drink or two or three before going to dinner at little place called DESIRE. Yummy New Orleans seafood was eaten (obviously my New Years resolution didn't actually start with the new year... more on that later)! On Friday, we went shopping all morning at the Canal Place Boy am I glad we did because I got an outfit to wear later that day/night (apparently I didn't really pack the right stuff)! Then we headed to a late lunch before the game at Galatoire's. Oh my goodness I can't even describe how fantastic our meal was. We ate entirely too much but I was kinda glad because we avoided eating yucky stadium food. We got to the game, found our great seats, and watched the Bama/Utah game! Tyrone Prothro (remember, the awesome Alabama player whose leg broke in half during a game a year or 2 ago?) sat in front of us and had tons of people coming up to him taking pictures and getting autographs (no we didn't get one)... The game wasn't really all that exciting, or a good game on bama's part, but we were glad to be there and still had a good time. On Saturday, a lot of people left town since the game festivities were over. We were staying for more shopping and seeing the city. We went to lunch at a cute place called Cafe Rani on magazine street and then browsed antique stores and silver shops. It's amazing how much I love looking at silver shops now that I have a silver pattern and want to collect more pieces! Unfortunately, the 2 shops we found didn't have a SINGLE piece of my silver!!! Oh well!
.
Later that afternoon, Ben and I went out on our own shopping at the RiverWalk. We caught a cab over to the French Market and had a short stop in at Cafe du Monde for a beignet!! Then we browsed the quarter and I enjoyed taking pictures with my new camera! It had been raining off and on all day so it was really overcast outside.Then we walked down to the French Market for some bargain shopping! I always loved going to the French Market when we were younger and picking out a new pair of earrings or a purse. It was always the coolest place but I didn't exactly find anything this time around. It was still fun. Later that night, after freshening up at the hotel, Will, Amy, Ben, and I went to dinner at Mr. B's Bistro. This is another place we always went when we were younger. We always came around Christmas time and there was a piano player at the front playing Christmas carols and handing out jingle bells. Back to present day, it was just as good as I remembered!!! We had a fantastic last meal in New Orleans before we headed back home on Sunday and Ben had to go back to work!!!

3 comments:

Rachel Setzler said...

aw good memories at mr b's!

Sarah Beth said...

Is that where your parents took us when we were younger and all three of yall invited friends for the weekend???

Erin said...

YES IT IS!!!! thats where we had gone to dinner (katie b there too) when afterwards the whole "santa claus isnt real" thing happened on the street with the homeless guy... remember sarah beth?