Thursday, January 15, 2009

Spend the Night Party!

Last night was a first! Ben and I got to babysit Bennett OVERNIGHT! :) Natalie and Stephen had (i'm sure) a nice evening eating dinner with some friends while we gladly took care of the munchkin! I picked him and all his spend-the-night gear up after my doctor's appointment and we headed back to our house. It was already 6:15 by the time we got home, so his regular nighttime schedule was already a bit off. We played for a little while in the den and I got these absolutely ADORABLE smiley pics of B!


I know his mommy was quite hesitant to enter this clothing stage, but look how cute (and grown up) he looks in this Polo shirt and Kakhi pants!!! Then it was dinner time, but mommy forgot to pack his BIB. This dishtowel didn't last long and as much as I fought it, he did get a little dirty! (i'm LEARNING to loosen up a little bit).
We quickly moved to bath time because it was getting much later. Apparently we did something wrong because this is how our entire VERY quick bathtime went.
Ben was in charge of bath (because Stephen does B's baths at home), but Bennett wasn't a big fan of Ben AT ALL this night. I felt so bad because we quickly got Bennett out of the bath and got him ready for bed, but any time Ben came close, Bennett would WAIL. It was heartbreaking!
.
Eventually, after I read him a few books, said his prayers, and sang him "Jesus Loves me," (all things I know his mommy does so I was hoping it would make him feel like home) he calmed down and I put him to bed. But no, MORE CRYING! I FINALLY realized that I forgot to give him his paci for bedtime! Ahh, peace and quiet and happiness after that! GOODNIGHT, sweet dreams Bennett! We loved babysitting you and will do it again anytime (just leave that crying act at home next time...).

2 comments:

Rachel Setzler said...

oh my gosh he looks like a MAN in those pictures 3-5

Natalie said...

erin i love these!!!! what a cutie if i do say so myself :) can you email me those pics please?? all the ones you posted. they are great! thanks again and i think i may know now why he was being cranky - his SIXTH tooth is coming in!!! eek!