Well, all that Christmas Vacation really got to me and I have definitely been slacking in blogging. But this time, it's definitely not due to lack of pictures!
The day after Bennett's first birthday party, Ben and I planned to head up to the Farm for our own little vacation through New Years, before Ben had to go back to work (he took off from Christmas Eve til January 5, and STILL had leftover vacation that he lost cause he couldn't carry them over to the new year). Well, there was a change in plans when Ben woke up Monday morning with a yucky stomach bug. I spent the day nursing him back to health (as much as I could... it's weird seeing Ben sick) and getting lots more rest.
Tuesday we were all back to health and headed up to the farm. We had such a relaxing time watching movies, riding 4 wheelers, hunting (no killing but saw lots of deer!), and more of the theme 'relaxing'!!
pretty cool roots from a tree that fell over
Harper and Ben on our 4wheeler adventure
you really can't tell but this hill was MASSIVE and very scary because at one point you're on only 2 or 3 wheels... Ben headed up first
my turn to come up... I have to admit that going down was MUCH scarier though
raccoon we chased up a tree... freaky eyes
We had a really good time and planned on staying for New Years Eve, but knew that we had to drive to New Orleans the next day and that would be a long drive. So, after our last hunt, Ben and I headed home New Years Eve, ate Mexican for dinner, had a daiquiri (me) and beer (Ben), and went home to watch the ball drop! Not so exciting, but I don't have any doubts that 2009 WILL be exciting!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment