Thursday, November 27, 2008

Gobble Gobble Turkey Day

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!
We had a most wonderful Thanksgiving with lots of Family and Food and Fullness!  

I got to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in bed for the first time ever (didn't grow up having a TV in my bedroom)!!  Then Ben, Harper, and I headed over to Steelwood for the Setzler/Roe Thanksgiving lunch. 
  
There were 12 of us that enjoyed a fabulous spread of yummy food, including Fried Turkey (which was my first time having, and it was the best I've ever had)! Bennett of course stole the show every now and then, with his first thanksgiving meal, lots of crawling, and a cute little turkey outfit too!  
He was a pro on the computer!
Then Natalie, Stephen, and Bennett led Ben and I on a golf cart ride throughout the beautiful property because we had never seen Steelwood during the daylight!  
 
Around 2:30 we headed back over the bay to Mobile for the Kennemmer family Thanksgiving!!!  Due to remodeling at the Kennemer's house, we had our meal at Will's house and Amy's family joined us, too!  We had 12 people again, enjoying a ton of delicious food and desserts for Linner (lunch/dinner).  We made it there right when they were blessing the food, and although Ben and I were quite stuffed when we arrived, we made sure to save enough room for a sampling plate (don't forget the French Silk Pie, yummy!)!!! :)  We had a great time playing out in the backyard with all the dogs after lunch and visiting with everyone.  (the camera didn't make it out of my purse there, so no pics, sad).  

All in all, a FANTASTIC Thanksgiving!  We certainly do have alot to be thankful for and love spending time with our families.  Despite to difficulty in fitting everyone into 1 day, we are so fortunate to have both families in the same town and the ability to be with all of them!!!  I hope everyone else had a wonderful holiday!!  

No comments: