Well, this is the day in Alabama that it is said that certain people don't speak to each other or even begin to associate with each other, simply because of their Alabama or Auburn affiliation. I am happy to say that despite our difference in favorite teams, Ben and I are still a Happy functional couple EVERY day of the year! :) Being that we have been together for 7 years now, I think that Ben and the rest of the Kennemer family started to think that me, an Auburn fan being a member of the family, was the curse for Alabama football and why they hadn't won in 6 years!!! Well, evidence shown that after Auburn's 6 wins in a row, it was finally Alabama's turn and proof that it simply depends on which football team is better, (imagine that)!!!
.
Saturday morning we headed up to t-town, dropping Harper off at my hunting camp where momma and daddy babysat him for the night (THANK YOU THANK YOU), and then went to the tailgate. Despite it raining all night and all morning, it finally stopped by the time we had to get out of the car! This is the most incredible tailgate that lots of friends come to every year, and probably the only place you can get lobster on a stick (to die for)! We got up to the game early and I actually stayed in the same seat the entire game (i usually move around the whole time)!!!
.
Sara Evans (who is married to Jay Barker) sang the National Anthem and because it was SO foggy, there was no fly over (i was very sad)
Here come my tigers!
I LOVE the linked arms the football players do for kickoff!
Half time show
Ben was kissing the other AU sticker on that cheek! He loves me even though I'm a TIGER! (I was pretty much the only AU fan in the box, and the only reason I put my stickers on was because Ben told me to).
Game over, Ben is happy!
After the game we headed back to the tailgate for more food and drinks! Fun surprise, John Parker Wilson joined us, his parents too (his brother Ross, from 2-a-days came with the MTV camera crew either last year or 2 years ago to the tailgate, and we took pictures of him then.. i felt like such a celebrity lover, well, because I AM)!! SO John Parker got some food from the buffet and then hung out with everyone for a little while. Although I felt pretty silly doing so, Ben convinced me to ask him to take a picture and he didn't mind one bit (I don't think he knew I was an Auburn fan, haha)!!
All in all, despite Auburn's loss, it was a VERY fun day. We are glad to be back at home now, doing our Sunday thing (watching movies, doing laundry, relaxing, cooking dinner), and getting ready for another week. We are planning on going to the SEC Championship (alabama vs. florida) in Atlanta this coming up weekend. Tomorrow is Christmas Decorations Day for me and I'm very excited about that!!! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!!!
WAR EAGLE!!!
(2 new posts below)
3 comments:
Thnks for my new background. That really needs to be a paying job!! Love the picture with JP Wilson!
My parents are a divided house and have been married for over 30 years!! it can work ;).
I just found your blog, and I love it. My brother Wes graduated from Auburn in 05. Is that JPW not just a baby doll! Too bad he is the Bama quarterback! Have a great weekend.
Post a Comment