Sunday, November 9, 2008

Pillow Party

I have slowly but surely been getting our new house together over the past year since we've been married and moved in. It's definitely a slow process when you accumulate college furniture and decor and then try to turn it into a grown up beautiful home. I've been piecing things together to achieve the look I'm going for, but it's not all there quite yet! A few months ago my mommy helped me pick out pillow fabrics (with Amy (Will's fiance)'s help since she works at Cotton Capers, the fabric store and Ben's mommy's help, too) for my bedroom and den couch. I finally got all the pillows back last week and am so happy with the finished product!
.
Our couch is from Pottery Barn, so it didn't come with pillows. I found this great patterned fabric that matches with the drapes, rug, etc colors, and Amy picked out the fun red dots pillows. I absolutely LOVE how it looks all together now and they are very snuggly and comfy!!! Next project is some artwork for that VERY plain left wall. I may actually paint some canvases, very abstract... we'll see how that turns out. I found my bedroom drapes at a cool fabric store in Daphne called RichTex. I was searching for fabric to get drapes made, but actually loved these pre-made ones and had to colors I was looking for (kinda blue, kinda green, kinda neutral). Then the Bolster pillow in front was a fabric Amy helped me find and was originally going to be made into drapes until the fabric got discontinued. So it luckily still matched the pre-made drapes and I have that same paisley print on a small pillow in the chair in my room, too. Then the 3 Euro Shams bring out the off white background in the paisley and have a fringe that matches t he blue/greens PERFECTLY! I think that even though we barely make our bed, we are definitely enjoying the put-together beautiful-ness it is when it's all together.

6 comments:

S, J, B, & S said...

Beautiful!!! I especially love your bed!!

Rachel Setzler said...

very nice :) and then red dot is gone now. weird.

Anonymous said...

I particularly love the bed! It's Coming together.

Jill said...

I love your bed as well :) And the drapes too!

Margaret said...

I LOVE your pillow fabric! Great choice and LOVE your bedroom too! It is all beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

i have been doing the whole fabric store thing a lot too...it is so fun and so overwhelming! The house looks great...a complete success. i love the fabrics!